Pricing Operations Manager
Smartsheet is seeking an experienced operations professional to manage the global pricing processes across the company. The ideal candidate will have experience working both at the strategic level and diving deep into operations systems & workflows to drive process improvements across our operations, sales & delivery teams. You will work as a subject matter expert and cross-functional partner to help launch new pricing products or programs. You are both a team player as well as business innovation driver that enjoys an ambiguous, continuously evolving but high-energy, high-performance culture. You not only understand the SaaS landscape, but you also believe in Smartsheet’s mission to empower people across the globe to get from idea to impact, faster.
This essential role is part of the Field Operations team and will report to the Senior Manager, Customer & Partner Operations and is based in Smartsheet’s corporate offices in Bellevue, WA.
- Work cross functionally with product management, marketing, pricing strategy, finance, legal, operations, sales readiness/enablement and other internal teams to establish a unified launch plan for new products & SKU/pricing updates to the field. Provide insight into the operational elements of bringing a product to market.
- Manage the multi-phase work streams, in terms of key milestones, deliverables, and required approvals to highlight and track issues, challenges, and risks including cross-functional team dependencies
- Define and communicate roles and responsibilities for cross-functional team to ensure alignment and collaboration and act as the hub of pricing/process information for field teams
- Continually assess launch risks and mitigation strategies - consider implications across all customer facing & internal operational teams. Recommend & implement solutions to the Launch team, balancing the business needs versus technical and operational constraints.
- Influence decision making and strategy with internal teams to ensure the unique needs of each are represented. Advocate for all stakeholders to ensure all teams have support needed to succeed post-launch
- Work with pricing team to define goals and success criteria of product/SKU pilots; measure and track these metrics and report on status.
- Ensure pricing is updated to reflect current products and purchase prices across pricebooks and currencies
- Proactively manage potential process issues and provide solutions, balancing the business needs versus technical and operational constraints.
- Make recommendations for systems improvements to enable ease of future launches & sales. Continuously evaluate longer-term improvements as the business evolves.
- Support the roll-out with all customer facing & internal operational teams: Sales team, customer success, services, support teams
- Support the roll-out with all internal operational teams: sales/field ops, finops, legal, etc
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in product management, and sales operations
- 2+ years of management experience preferred
- Passion for deeply understanding process pain points and a genuine desire to help our sales & operations organization address these challenges through systems & process improvements
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to balance competing priorities from multiple stakeholders.
- A track record of making data-based decisions, and ability to adjust and prioritize work based on results, metrics, and feedback.
- A track record of solving complex problems, driving and demonstrating business results.
- Ability to work and influence at all levels of the company, working effectively with poise and executive maturity.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and a proven track record in taking ownership & driving results
- Exceptional attention to detail to ensure accuracy in all deliverables.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Experience working with pricing & payment systems, such as Netsuite
- Experience managing product SKUs & CPQ systems
- Experience working with CRM systems such as Salesforce
- B.A./B.S. Degree required, M.B.A. preferred.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.