Principal Customer Success Manager
Interviewing is a universal experience, but it is no one’s job
Interviews are the gateway between people and jobs--they are a critical connection point. And yet, while the interview is a universal experience, it has never been recognized as its own discipline. In fact, the vast majority of people conducting interviews receive no formal training in how to do so.
Karat is the market leader in Interview Engineering
At Karat, our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. To do so, we created and established the category of Interview Engineering.
Karat conducts technical interviews on behalf of organizations hiring software engineers. We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat's interviewing infrastructure, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices. The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy. Karat has amassed the largest, most robust dataset of structured-interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, PayPal, Citrix, Intuit, and InVision.
Customer Success at Karat
Customer Success delivers the expertise that makes it possible to transform a hiring process into a competitive advantage. Our solution is both repeatable and deeply consultative and is based on building trusted, long-term partnerships. As our Principal Customer Success Manager, you will be in charge of delivering value directly to our strategic clients while also helping build out a playbook for Customer Success.
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor to our customers, building close relationships at varying levels within their organizations
- Manage accounts throughout their lifecycle, from onboarding and KPI definition through to renewal and upsell
- Partner with our Sales team to effectively communicate the value of the service, unlock new opportunities at clients and expand the business
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to ensure the needs of and opportunities for our customers are considered in our product roadmap
- Have the ability to successfully manage many things at once, and you enjoy working with highly complex, high value, deeply integrated clients
- Be skilled at navigating large organizations and engaging with leaders at a variety of levels, and from a variety of backgrounds
- Have strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability
- Have an ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- You’re a passionate client advocate - your customer obsession shows up in all that you do
- Comfortable in a startup environment, with limited processes and resources in place, and can manage shifting priorities skillfully
- Previous experience either in an engineering or recruiting function
- Skilled program manager
- You employ a growth mindset and learn quickly
- You are a kind and collaborative communicator
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
With thanks to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.