Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
We are building the most capable Connected Devices to enable Public Safety professionals to be more effective in their roles. The Principal Business Planning Manager, Product Operations role is critical to accomplishing our mission, working with product leaders to ensure coordination in the effort to execute on our strategy. The successful candidate will be highly organized, collaborative, data driven, and outcome focused.
You will join a team that operates at the intersection of our connected devices and our enterprise software. You will be expected to work directly with VP and General Manager of our Devices team to help create the overall product, organizational and business strategy.
The person in this role will work closely with product, functional and go-to-market teams to help drive operational plans and reviews with executive teams, drive alignment on the organization’s and company’s goals, and act as the product lead on new product launches. You will lead the operational and planning cadence and craft review documents to ensure the entire Device organization is aligned to execute its strategy. The successful candidate will partner with the Axon Device team Product leaders to develop their narratives for major presentations, executive reviews and all-hands meetings. This position is an exciting opportunity for a highly talented individual who is looking for an interesting portfolio of work that includes critical strategic projects together with detailed operational execution.
Your day to day
- Define the Product Operations processes and structure to achieve our goals
- Structure and drive a cadence of monthly and quarterly operation and planning reviews, across multiple products, with different maturity levels and business outcomes
- Drive annual strategy and planning activities with the Devices organization
- Track progress, elevate issues, document and drive clear resolutions plans and serve as a close advisor to the Product Leadership team to ensure progress in critical areas
- Organize communications within the Device organization and across Axon
- Lead the Product operations in support of new product introductions ensuring product plans are coordinated with the go-to-market and cross-functional teams to ensure we achieve our launch and ramp objectives.
- Make data driven decisions when possible and fall back on well supported intuition when data is not available
- Creatively generate solutions to a wide range of problems
- A bachelor's degree in a technical, business, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of work experience (or 3+ years post-MBA or equivalent higher-degree), preferably in engineering, business planning, management consulting, tech strategy/ops function or similar.
- Strong communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfort in business and technical discussions
- Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex business issues with minimum supervision
- Strong team player who is also an independent thinker; effective at building relationships, collaborating, and influencing others; experience working with senior executives across functions
- Effective Program Management skills, with demonstrated ability to lead complex strategic initiatives
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally when necessary (15%); contingent upon guidance from State and Federal agencies support for travel
- You have real world experience with each of the expectations listed in section entitled “Your Day to Day”
- A combination of management consulting and operational experience
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.