Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
The Actuarial Department at Trupanion is recruiting for a rate filing specialist! This position requires strong organizational skills, high attention to detail, and resourcefulness to provide support to the team. This person will be responsible for preparing, submitting, and tracking rate filings for all our product lines. While actuarial experience is not required, the ideal candidate has a passion for math or finances.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work with the actuarial team to prepare rate filings
- Manage the rate filings to timely completion
- Work directly with state regulators to respond to their questions and objections through SERFF
- Foster effective working relationships with key internal business partners
- Information expert with the ability to understand & translate data into meaningful communications
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Education, Registration & Certification / Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Math/Economics/Finance (or similar)
- Advanced experience in Excel is required
- Experience in SQL is desired or will be taught on the job
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to plan, manage and execute projects
- Work in a timely manner and often under tight deadlines
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Resourcefulness, creativity, and resilience
- Interest in math/economics
- Highly driven and motivated to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.