Postmates enables anyone to have just about anything on-demand. We pioneered the on-demand space and currently serve 80% of US households with a fleet of more than 350,000 Postmates and the largest network of merchants in the US. We’re changing the landscape of commerce by making cities our warehouses, providing the delivery infrastructure, and connecting our customers to any product, anywhere, anytime. Postmates isn’t just an app, it’s a way of life and a part of pop culture. We are the O.G. of on-demand and we’ve given people a new superpower — the ability to Postmate anything from anywhere. We’re building a movement to make Postmates a verb: Postmate it.WHAT WE DO
We are the Community Engagement team and we are champions and advocates for the 400K+ Postmates who choose to earn on our platform. The decisions we make, the policies we create, and the actions we take, have a real human impact. We are subject matter experts in all things Fleet. We have a deep understanding of who a Postmate is, their motivations for earning on our platform, and are actively educating ourselves to be acutely aware of the pain points both on and off the platform.
We are well versed in the Future of Work, and are staunch grassroots advocates for the right to earn flexibly. We build relationships with, form beneficial partnerships, and empower members of our diverse Postmates community across the US to shape the policy frameworks for economic empowerment and opportunity.YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
Postmates is hiring a Regional Organizer to support our public policy team and goals in the US-West region. The regional organizer will develop strong relationships with fleet members, merchants, and people in the Postmates Community. You’ll execute engagement strategies inside local and statewide markets, supporting and promoting Postmates policy initiatives as well as shaping legislative agendas through grassroots mobilization. The organizer will report to the Mobilization Manager and will be a key part of building the Postmates Community and achieving public policy progress for the Postmates community nationwide.
The most crucial role you’ll play as Regional Organizer is building community with our Postmates fleet and allies in our network. There are policy issues - local and statewide - that impact our Postmates fleet directly. We want to engage our community on these issues and mobilize them to make their voice heard. This person will also help execute cross functional projects at the local level.
The ideal candidate will have experience and training in community organizing, ideally as a Lead Organizer or other management role; effective communication skills (including those relevant to the communities with whom we organize); emotional intelligence; comfort or fluency in multiple ethnic and religious communities; a passion for people’s leadership and growth; a track record of developing other people’s leadership; and lastly a passion for Postmates and changing the future of work.
- Execute grassroot advocacy campaigns across multiple markets including but not limited to California, Washington, and Regional Southwest that will support the Postmates local and national legislative initiatives.
- Utilize various outreach efforts (high volume phone, email, website tools, etc) to build meaningful relationships with couriers and other essential members of the Postmates community and engage key stakeholders in meaningful action to further Postmates’s policy and social impact goals.
- Organize, lead and execute virtual and in-person meetings and events for Postmates and supporters of the gig economy and encourage their participation in their community at local and national level.
- Staff government relations events and employ innovative ways to organize our community meetings, rallies, outreach sessions, meetups, etc.
- Demonstrate a disciplined focus on intentional leadership development through 1:1 conversation, identifying interest, inviting Postmates advocates into roles in the public arena and engaging them in grassroots mobilization efforts.
- Engage Postmates couriers in collective action for change by identifying issues, training leaders and spurring them into direct action with policy-makers and decision- makers at a local, county-wide, state-wide and federal level.
- Conduct regular quality inquiries (daily, weekly, quarterly) with Postmates to understand their experience, improve our product performances, and inform campaign needs and objectives based on their input
- Support cross-functional projects that reflect needs in local campaigns and the regional functional team.
- 2 - 4 years experience in community organizing within political campaigns, charity, or government sector or grassroots campaigns or in any other field where outreach and quality investigation was crucial to the success of the project.
- Ability to build networks, either offline and with social media, and activate communities with the aim of involving them in campaigns on specific purposes
- Experience of managing projects with multiple stakeholders. Highly organized and able to deal with projects simultaneously.
- An understanding of and interest in local and national political systems and policy making and in business development
- Strong computer and internet skills, including programs such as google docs, excel, and keynote.
- Knowledge of political CRM software and digital tools
- Self - starter with strong work ethic, professionalism, courtesy and strong interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to learn, be flexible while navigating through ambiguity, and the ability to work well with others.
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- History of exceeding targets and achieving metric goals.
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Ability to work irregular hours and extended work hours, including some nights and weekends, as campaigns require.
- Experience with following CRM tools: NGP VAN, Salesforce, Crowdskout, etc.
- A passion for Postmates, future of work and the gig economy. Being a Postmates is a plus!