Security Analyst I at Expedia Group
Looking to join a team at the forefront of travel technology Security?
Consider Expedia Group!
As a Security Engineer you serve in the Detection vertical, acting as a first line of defense, reviewing and processing alerts that could be the first sign of a security incident.
What you’ll do
- Execute an advanced level of security investigation to include: Application Security, Cloud Security, Data Security, Network Security and Perimeter Security.
- Capture data and drill down to root cause analysis, ability to proactively recommend effective courses of containment, remediation and communicate to the various levels in the organization.
- Suggest improvements to current Detection practices and procedures.
- Raise Security issues ensuring alignment to SLAs and driving resolution/mitigation.
- Demonstrate flexibility as the position will require shifts to cover 24x7 follow the sun in line with our India team.
Who you are
- A creative problem solver with outstanding technical and analytical skills
- Able to articulate sophisticated information security concepts to senior leaders and non-technical employees clearly while accurately portraying real risks and threats to the company
- Driven to execute against implementation schedules
- Possessing strong analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills
- Encouraging and collaborative, working with individuals in a global and virtual environment and effectively communicating technical issues in a non-technical manner
- Organized and agile - the ability to perform in a productive and cooperative way with a variety of people ranging from VPs to individual contributors and support staff
- A validated history of performance excellence in the following areas; Application and Network Security, digital forensics, customer focus, team building, and optimization with strategic long-term thinking, and communication
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent proven Information Security work experience with an emphasis towards Security Incident Management in a large scale 24/7 environment
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with a significant Information Security background in supporting day-to-day operations in a 24/7 environment
- 2+ years' experience in current security tools, hardware/software security implementation, communication protocols and/or encryption techniques and tools
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.