Senior Business Operations Manager at Unity Technologies
Develop the tools for creators to build incredible things
Developing the Unity platform means designing, building, testing, and maintaining new features and products that enable artists, modellers and developers to create rich and interactive content. We are driving the future of how content is created and experienced.The opportunity
The Senior Business Operations Partner is accountable for driving alignment across day-to-day operations and handling change management to support new programs, products, or infrastructure. As the heart of the Create Leadership Team, this role will champion bringing Create’s Priorities and Plans to life. We are looking for someone who will be comfortable operating globally in a highly matrixed multinational organization and exhibit strong communication, judgment, influencing skills and excellent cross-team collaboration, and a strong customer and compliance focus.
In this role, you will increase your executive’s influence and reach, and act as an advisor, often aiding as a sounding board for business ideas and decisions. You thrive in high-velocity, unstructured environments and maintain binding business judgment and communication skills to collaborate with various people and job functions. You're astonishingly organized and thorough, anticipating potential issues before they become a problem.What you’ll be doing:
- Partner and support our SVP & GM of Create Solutions for organization-wide communications, goal-setting/OKR’s, and process improvement strategy in coordination with yearly OpEx (dollars & headcount) budgeting, compensation structure and planning activities tracking of performance against budget, in partnership with Finance (Create—Field Sales; R&D), Recruiting and HR partners.
- Lead Special projects in service of Create’s annual strategic plan and priorities
- Support decision-making through research, analysis of information, and clear presentation of considerations.
- Represent a singular thread to align leadership teams to ensure communication, projects, and action items running through Unity R&D are executed in togetherness, ultimately serving as a “force-multiplier” among Unity's leadership.
- Drive and expedite conversations of the decision-making process for business and engineering/development inquiries, help structure and develop action plans to address them, and assist with preparing and disseminating strategic communication.
- Supervise daily operations by collaborating with senior management and department leaders by performing various administrative and operational tasks, including generating correspondence and planning documentation.
- Facilitate quarterly and annual planning of delivery, business, and product strategy for the Create division.
- Facilitate in the development of content for all hands, staff meetings, Board of Directors briefings, Press releases, Customer engagement materials.
- You’ll facilitate weekly meetings, all-hands and off-sites to improve our skills and the way we work together.
- Facilitate Organizational Communications and serve as a point of continuity on leadership messaging and voice
- Experience in business, operations, or program/project management roles
- Extraordinarily organized and specialized in planning key initiatives and communicating cross-functionally among Leadership Team members, business units, departments, groups, and teams.
- Exceptional authoring and communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, high ambiguity environment.
- Authentic executive presence and comfortable working with senior leaders.
- Previous experience with product development or supporting product development organizations is strongly desired.
- Previous experience working with technical engineering groups strongly desired
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.