Senior Claims Specialist at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:06 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, September 14, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
About Quality and Compliance:
While Convoy’s industry-leading Quality & Compliance team invests in safety and quality of the motor carrier network, we’re also prepared to take care of claims when they happen. We work closely with teams across the organization and pride ourselves in deeply understanding and supporting Convoy’s fast-moving business. We hire people who fit the attributes and values that we hold in high regard such as creative problem solving, outcome orientation, customer service, humility, and great communication.
You thrive on solving problems and providing incredible service. Seeing tangible results from your hard work is important for you. You are a problem solver who is equally as comfortable talking to a truck driver, shipper, or insurance company as you are analyzing trends in a spreadsheet. You are good at process improvement and are a subject matter expert. You are a confident and skilled communicator. You understand why Convoy is the future of freight and are excited to take us to the next level!
- Own end-to-end claims administration; including investigation, information gathering, documentation management, determining liability, and reserve management all the while providing a superior customer experience.
- Communicate with trucking companies and shippers about claims performance.
- Collaborate with Operations, Program Management, and Legal teams to establish or refine claims processes.
- Proactively identify and drive process improvements that enable the Claims team to provide superior customer service.
- Provide support and guidance to internal operations and sales team members.
- Respond to real-time load issues as they arise.
- Assist teammates with escalated issues; mentor and train new team members.
You have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree (or 4+ years in the military)
- 3+ years of operations or client facing experience
- 1+ year of claims experience
- Great written and cross-functional communication skills
- Ability to self motivate, think creatively, problem solve and manage multiple tasks and deliver results in a collaborative, start-up environment with changing requirements and priorities.
- Experience in Excel, SQL, or startup/tech is preferred
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!