Senior Compliance Manager at Expedia Group
Senior Compliance Manager
As a leader on the eCommerce Platform (eCP) Controllership team, the Senior Compliance Manager leads a team of experienced professionals to build policy guidelines and to drive partner compliance for Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS) and other key compliance initiatives (such as privacy governance and proactive risk assessment) for eCP.
We are looking for someone who is excited to make real impact on the growing EPS business, who work effectively cross-functions and communicates well. The Senior Manager will collaborate across teams including Expedia Partner Solutions, Global Customer Operations, Enterprise Risk and Security, Internal and External audit teams, Legal team and many others.
You will guide your team though changes, oversee the landscape of EPS compliance, perform effective audits and identify gaps and critical changes required for the continued EPS business success. You will be a part of new contract reviews, integration activities to assess risks, find solutions to compliance concerns, and supporting internal operational audits. In addition, you will lead certain compliance initiatives relating to privacy and risk management.
What you will do
• Own the EPS compliance function from start to finish, including planning, scoping, contract reviews, third-party assessments, supporting documents, draft responses to regulatory inquiries and mitigations to close issues.
• Provide mentoring, direction and leadership support to team members to achieve business and customer results.
• Lead key compliance initiatives (such as privacy governance, risk management) for eCP
• Look for opportunities to strengthen the company’s compliance program and mitigate compliance exposures.
• Effectively influence others to help identify and drive organizational priorities and initiatives.
• Develop and presents audit trends and results to department leadership and senior leaderships
Who you are:
• Proven ability to work with cross-functional organizations and a proactive problem solver
• A skilled people leader, passionate about developing talent
• 7+ years of relevant experience in IT audit, IT security compliance or risk/control advisory work.
• Bachelor’s degree is required, CISA, CISM, CISSP or equivalent preferred.
• Strong knowledge of industry and regulatory requirements (e.g., SOX, GDPR, CCPA, ISO and SOC standards)
• Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to understand and analyze complex regulatory, business, and IT compliance issues
• Extensive experience working with internal audit, external audit and/or regulatory agencies.
• Self-motivated and directed.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.