Senior Compliance Specialist
Smartsheet is redefining how the world manages and tracks work, serving over 95,000 customers across more than 190 countries. Trust is one of our core values, and as an organization, we execute that core value by maintaining and innovating on systems, processes and programs that secure our customers’ data. We are currently looking for a Senior Compliance Specialist to join our growing security team. In this position you will lead the development and implementation of a compliance program at Smartsheet. We’re looking for motivated individuals who will iterate on improving both the existing and future of Smartsheet.
This position reports to the Vice President of Security, Risk & Compliance located at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Work with Legal to support the business with development of new and operation of ongoing compliance programs affecting Smartsheet products and customers
- Coordinate documentation, self-assessment testing, and remediation activities as needed
- Update and maintain internal and externally facing security and compliance documentation
- Facilitate third party attestations, audits, and certification efforts for the organization
- Design and implement compliance programs and routines using Smartsheet and other tools
- Deliver ongoing compliance and/or privacy training to the workforce to ensure compliance and privacy awareness
- Ability to handle confidential matters discreetly
- 2-6 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of information security and security governance, risk and compliance frameworks, methodologies and practices
- Working knowledge of IT processes, IT compliance, IT frameworks, such as: SOX, SSAE 16 - SOC 1 & SOC 2, PCI compliance, NIST, DIACAP, FedRAMP, ISO 27001 & ISO 27002
- Working knowledge of other compliance areas such as OFAC, FCPA, SOX HIPPA, FERPA
- Evaluating risk and communicating risk in a fact-based manner
- Strong bias toward action, while flexible and resourceful
- Cloud and/or SaaS experience preferred
Founded in Bellevue, WA in 2005, Smartsheet is a high-growth cloud-based (SaaS) work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, track, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.