Senior Director of Real Estate & Facilities
Smartsheet is seeking an experienced leader to join us as a Senior Director of Real Estate & Facilities. The ideal candidate will have experience managing US and international real estate projects, facility build-outs, preventative maintenance, and vendor relationships. This role will report to our VP of Corporate IT and will lead our real estate and facilities team to ensure Smartsheet is delivering world-class workspaces and services while growing our global footprint at scale.
- Represent Real Estate & Facilities throughout Smartsheet to ensure that our office environments are comfortable, effective, and productive as possible, meeting the needs of our internal customers.
- Develop and implement near and long term real estate strategies for Smartsheet’s portfolio.
- Ownership of construction, moves, and day-to-day operations in leased office buildings to ensure service reliability and work environment standards are achieved, including effective buildouts, furniture solutioning, and maintenance activities.
- Ownership of office operations to ensure a world-class office experience, including preparation for new hires, safety and security, food and beverage services, and janitorial services
- Partner with the building management and landlords on preventative and corrective maintenance activities.
- Maintain effective relationships with vendors to ensure that quality pricing and work is completed on time and budget.
- Build and effectively lead an exceptional team; ensure that they are technically strong, possess a high level of business acumen, are effective partners and capable of delivering results on time and at quality.
- Foster the development of talent, ensuring their ongoing skill and career development.
- 10+ years’ experience in purchasing and contracts/subcontracts, including construction, facilities and real estate projects.
- 8+ years demonstrated leadership experience.
- Broad supply chain and contracting experience, including demonstrated success in multiple domains and functions.
- Expertise in the creation, negotiation, and administration of contracts.
- Ability to oversee and implement strong internal processes that drive effectiveness across organization.
- Must be able to travel approximately 25% of time, including internationally.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and manage key stakeholder relationships.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level and present financial and contract recommendations at and executive and board level.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills, and a proven ability to drive complex projects with aggressive schedules with minimal oversight.
- Solid knowledge of property and facility management, leases / contract review and construction terms and practices.
- Experience working with global teams and locations.
Founded in Bellevue, WA in 2005, Smartsheet is a high-growth cloud-based (SaaS) work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, track, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed