Senior Events Manager at Zipwhip
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
The Senior Events Manager is responsible for planning, managing and growing assigned events, including tradeshows, tradeshow-related events, regional event series, partner events and corporate internal events. Responsibilities include event strategy, segmentation and planning, project planning, vendor (booth, shipping, logistics, swag, convention center services, etc.) relationship management, partner relationship management, lead/prospect management and event ROI analysis. Drive the development of event playbooks for Tier 1 events that include event summary details, coverage schedules, key event messaging, target prospect lists, related events summaries, travel schedules and lead/prospect goals and objectives. Role will work closely with key internal partners including sales, business development, product marketing, demand generation, communications and finance. More than 50% travel required.
What's the job really?
- End-to-end management of all internal and external event logistics including planning, onsite execution, event flow and follow-up activities post-event.
- Work closely with Product Marketing on event-specific messaging, materials, demos and speaking opportunities and coordinate multiple stakeholders across departments to ensure the timely execution of all event deliverables.
- Create event playbooks, including event summary details, coverage schedules, key event messaging, target prospect lists, related events summaries, travel schedules and lead/prospect goals and objectives.
- Manage vendor relationships and coordinate detailed events logistics, orders and payments, including securing event locations, selecting convention booth space, managing booth exhibit design, logistics and shipping, arranging for party event spaces and audiovisual requirements, coordinating entertainment, catering and swag, scheduling travel and other arrangements as necessary.
- Provide timely reporting of performance metrics, analysis of results, and benchmark against established ROI objectives.
- Help to develop and implement a global events strategy to support corporate lead generation while maximizing efficiencies.
- Remain current on new trends in events management and exhibit design and technologies that can be used to enhance the product demo experience.
- Manage events budgets on plan.
- Travel 50%+ per year to events all over the United States and eventually international as well.
What you bring to the table:
- 5-7 years of experience in event planning, with tradeshow and corporate event focus
- Experience negotiating and managing vendor contracts as well as coordinating event production, shipping and travel logistics.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, problem solve and keep calm under pressure in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to confidently represent the company across multiple industries as a customer-facing brand ambassador
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Work effectively in a growing and evolving organization with some ambiguity and potential for change
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances, while still achieving the overall outcomes and objectives
- Capable of independent and strategic thinking
- Engaged, flexible, motivated and success driven
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Complimentary access to a fitness center.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.