Senior Manager of Consulting
The Senior Manager of Consulting will lead and inspire a robust team of Consulting Managers who lead teams of Consultants and Architects. This person will manage the operational and financial aspect of their respective regional teams. In addition to managing full business operations, the Sr Manager will have responsibility for business development, process review / improvement / creation, work qualities, and be intentional in coaching and leading future leaders of the organization.
The Sr Manager shall be responsible to the business through meeting financial and operational plans, hiring to plan, and development of resources. This person shall also be responsible for translating the overall Consulting vision into a strategy for growth within their respective regions.
This role requires a leader with a unique blend of proficiency in technology based solutions, business leadership, people management skills, business development acumen, and communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership in the attainment of department goals and objectives.
- Recruit, hire, develop, and directly supervise qualified Managers.
- Manage departmental budget and authorize expenditures.
- Manage and coordinate department development opportunities
- Coordinate development and evaluation of standardize documentation and resources for reporting performance and recommendations
- Consistently collaborates with Sales leadership for ongoing initiatives.
- Provide collaboration and support on all strategic business planning and consulting in preparation for expansion, consolidation, new service offerings, and other business owner decision that are presented.
- Review and monitor all quarterly reporting on financial and statistical performance, opportunity analysis and budget vs. actuals performance.
- Research industry trends and keep the team current on industry changes.
- Optimally deliver consulting services throughout customer lifecycle to ensure maximum customer value and overall economic impact (software + services)
- Oversee scoping, estimating, proposing, SOW creation, and staff allocation
- Supervise Consulting Management and other leaders in your practice area
- Responsible for annual performance evaluations of your leadership team
- Interviewing, hiring, and training
- Planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Can independently develop business strategic planning and coordinate efforts
- Assist in making connections with external potential business partners
- Works in conjunction with the Operations group to implement best practices.
- Understand the full operation of a Consulting organization.
- Will travel, when necessary, to meet with current and future customers.
- 4-year undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- MBA, or equivalent, from an accredited university
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Excellent client management skills and the ability to work with customers in both pre-sales and post-sales environment
- Strong leadership, business development, organizational, team management, communication (verbal, written, and presentation), and interpersonal skills
- 5+ years working in a software services, and/or Consulting, leadership capacity
- Demonstrated success in solutioning, selling, and delivering solutions for F1000 organizations
- Proven success partnering across departments
- Excellent customer engagement, solution visioning, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience translating customer business requirements into software solutions
- Experience successfully utilizing change management and business process mapping strategies