Senior Manager, Consumer Events
About the Role:
RealSelf is looking for a Senior Manager of Consumer Events to join the Consumer Marketing team. As the Senior Manager of Consumer Events you will be responsible for driving brand awareness and business growth through interactive events and experiences. The individual who joins the team should be passionate about the beauty and aesthetics category, and be ready to jump into a fast-paced, dynamic tech environment to bring the world of Modern Beauty to consumers.
In this role you will:
- Develop and execute a consumer events marketing strategy that supports the RealSelf mission of helping consumers make smart, confident decisions about beauty treatments.
- Lead the creation of full-fledged experiential business segment for RealSelf, including a mix of event types and sizes. This includes the ongoing plan for the RealSelf House of Modern Beauty.
- Work with our RealSelf for Brands (strategic partnerships) team to effectively communicate and sell the vision and value of various RealSelf experiential marketing events, including materials development and in-person presentations.
- Set up and track detailed project and event timelines, documentation, staffing plans, roles and responsibilities, and budgets that clearly define goals and expectations for the events. Develop a 12 to 18 month event calendar and tentpole events.
- Coordinate plans, activities and deliverables with external and internal project team members including Brand, Social, Email, Content, Design and external brand partners. Ensure all deliverables are clearly outlined.
- Oversee event production including location and vendor sourcing. Manage all negotiations and contracts with local producers and vendors to ensure event visions get produced as planned.
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
You may be the right fit if you have:
- 7+ years of experience in event management and marketing working on large scale events. Beauty or lifestyle event experience prefered.
- 5+ years overseeing a network of events in multiple markets.
- Thorough understanding of event production, marketing, and logistics.
- Demonstrated innovative and creative practices -including comfort testing new ideas.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Comfortable and motivated working in a collaborative environment, with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and cross-functional teams such as the Executive Team, marketing cross-functional team, and external brand partners.
- Skilled negotiator with proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
10% - 15%
The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work!
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.