Senior Manager, Corporate Strategy & Development
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
The Senior Manager, Corporate Strategy & Development is responsible for supporting Accolade’s short and long-term initiatives by (i) acting as an internal consultant for large-scale, complex, and high-priority cross-functional projects and (ii) identifying and executing on strategic alliance and M&A opportunities. The Senior Manager will also assist Corporate Strategy leadership with the function’s broader mandate to drive overall execution of the company’s business plan and achievement of its strategic objectives.
A day in the life…
- Participates as an internal consultant for large-scale, complex, and high-priority cross-functional projects / initiatives; applies expertise to support project teams in scoping problems and driving toward solutions
- Understands the underlying business motivation of each initiative, researches current-state, solicits input from a variety of stakeholders, conducts own analysis to gain a comprehensive understanding of challenges and risks, and, ultimately, surfaces appropriate potential solutions; synthesizes recommendations
- Serves as a change agent and/or facilitator within the company by building relationships with key stakeholders and offering informed input on important initiatives
- Plays a lead role in evaluating potential acquisitions, and other strategic growth opportunities, considering Accolade’s strategic, financial, and cultural fit criteria
- Participates in, and may coordinate, the due diligence process for certain acquisitions and partnerships
- Drafts memos and presentations for Senior and Executive leadership to advance company’s strategic evaluations
- Supports the identification of priority areas for inorganic growth
- When a new strategic alliance is solidified or a business is acquired, assists in integration matters
- Conducts competitive benchmarking analyses (internal and external research)
- Monitors trends in the healthcare technology sector, including peer performance
- Coursework in Business or related fields; MBA preferred
- 7+ years relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Past work in strategy consulting and/or Corporate Development and/or PEVC/Investment Management highly valued
- Logical thinker with strong communication skills; someone who can distill strategy into concise and pratical messaging
- Ability to define and measure appropriate success metrics for a complex project or initiative
- A capacity to build strong relationships internally that will help the Senior Manager efficiently execute on various initiatives and “bring others along”
- Insatiable curiosity with the ability to dig into all angles of an issue or idea, no matter how complex
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.