Senior Manager, Customer Operations
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of via thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
You are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. In partnership with our enterprise and commercial sales and account management teams, the Customer Operations Manager leads the team who functions as customer support, training partner, problem solver and quality control. You'll be an integral part of our operations team moving at a smooth, consistent pace. You'll bring the enthusiasm and aptitude necessary to get the job done!
Daily, you'll be expected to:
- Lead a team to help develop, deploy and deliver against Customer Operations KPIs required for our business to deliver on customer needs and to deliver against internal team goals
- Ensure that shipments are executed according to customer specifications
- Drive the successful execution of strategic, cross-functional programs to address critical business issues or opportunities (e.g., forecasting and account support processes).
- Provide structure and necessary processes in ambiguous situations
- Serve as the trusted partner to the Operations Services org in defining, tracking, and implementing customer success objectives, strategy, tactics, and processes that scale
- Track product use and product performance for customer operations team, and work with our product and engineering team to make improvements that help us serve and delight our customers.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum 5 years of people management experience
- Demonstrated operational excellence and process improvement
- Ability to work independently, think creatively, problem solve and manage multiple tasks and deliver results in a collaborative, start-up environment with changing requirements and priorities.
- Positive “can do” attitude and growth mindset; comfortable and flexible working in a fast-paced environment.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description