Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
As a Senior Manager, Deal Strategy on the Business Operations and Sales Strategy team, you will lead strategy development and execution for customer RFPs, Mini Bids, and Ad Hoc opportunities. You will dive into ambiguous shipper issues and data to understand and position Convoy to maximize future opportunities through the execution of Win-Win strategies. As a key leader, your stakeholders will include senior leadership on our pricing, sales, supply, finance, marketplace growth and operations teams.
- Functional expertise - Creatively define deal structures and customer targets that can maximize company margin and volume. Providing functional leadership in a variety of process improvement and development techniques, program management, operational excellence, statistical tools, and problem solving.
- Customer Insights - Represent the customer voice in pricing and deal structure process.
- Communicate effectively - Align internal stakeholders around deal strategy and bid prioritization.
- Accountability - Manage key business metrics for tracking RFP success and Sales motions related to that success.
- Creating impact - Your work should enable volume and margin growth at Convoy.
- Program management - Manage short term scrum support and long term strategic planning to support critical RFP’s. Working cross-functionally to identify the largest opportunities to increase company volume and margin. Working to identify the root cause of growth blockers. Defining and executing projects to unlock additional sales growth.
- Data and Analysis - Using data and analytics to drive decision making. Where necessary, creating dashboards to track progress against program goals. Through analysis and business intelligence, Identify and effectively communicate key levers to accelerate growth.
- Strategy - Investigating and programmatic work to inform and drive Convoy strategy.
- Stakeholder buy-in - Rallying senior leadership and other stakeholders behind programs under your management.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of experience at a top tier consulting firm, tech company, or fortune 500.
- Program or Product Management experience, with a proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Highly comfortable with ambiguity, with the ability to think and act both strategically and tactically in unstructured problem spaces.
- Terrific storytelling abilities and comfortable crafting clear, compelling customer stories / strategies using observations, data and knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills – good at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, tracking key business metrics. Exceptional with Excel/Data management tools. SQL and data visualization experience preferred.
- Proven ability to effectively translate problems into scalable programs that span both business process and technology solutions.
- Ability to assess costs, benefits, and risks for programs, with the ability to respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively.
- Excellent written, oral communication and data visualization skills; able to drive collaboration and commitment across disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills – good at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, tracking key business metrics. Exceptional with Excel/Data management tools. SQL experience preferred.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!