Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion is looking for an exceptional ecommerce strategist to lead the ecommerce team and spearhead conversion initiatives across Trupanion.com and associated web assets.
The Senior Manager position will be pivotal in pushing this high-growth company forward and will be a great opportunity for a top digital performer who is eager to be part of an organization that is doing things differently.
The right candidate will act as a catalyst for ecommerce innovation. They will sit at the heart of Trupanion’s bold plans to evolve a "best in class" online member enrollment experience for all their customer-facing digital touchpoints. They will also provide strategic direction and create a plan to maximize lead volume driven to the phones from the web. The role will be critical to the overall conversion efforts of the business, with the goal of maximizing every opportunity presented by the ever-growing lead pool. This team is focused on innovation across the prospective member journey; identifying meaningful opportunities to reinforce the value proposition for pet owners and crafting experiences and content that bring them to life
Reporting to the Head of Conversion, this position is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated, commercially oriented strategy obsessed professional who’s ready to roll up their sleeves for their next career challenge and excited to make a difference in a market on the verge of mass-market expansion.
This leader will have a consistent track record of ecommerce success, with well-honed skills to quickly craft personalized experiences across multiple digital touchpoints and diverse audience groups. They will ensure the foundational strategy and plan for execution are both cohesive and effective over the long-term and know the tactics needed to boost conversion rates in the short-term. The person selected for this role will spearhead major online testing initiatives, drive UX and design improvements and make data-influenced decisions without delay. They will also be expected to manage multiple projects and lead a growing team of high-performing digital partners.
If you’re seeking a genuine challenge, eager to get things done, work from the ground up and hungry for a truly rewarding position, this could be the right role for you.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop long term vision and strategy for Trupanion.com
- Create a strategy for driving increased call volume from web to phones
- Manage and execute website initiatives to deliver commercial goals
- Oversee UX; Manage design requests and development in support of digital initiatives
- Analyze web page performance and optimize based on acquisition, engagement, and retention goals
- Build and implement a full SEO strategy
- Effectively communicate website performance to executives
- Partner with our internal IT team and work alongside external consultancy partners
- Challenge and inspire employees to achieve business results
- Ensure the digital team adheres to legal and compliance requirements
- Oversee the training and development of team members to achieve department and company goals
- Develop a clear succession plan approach and work to support individual (personal) goals for team members to ensure team fulfillment
- Lead the team to ensure the creation, communication, and execution of digital marketing project plans, strategies, and tactics
- Actively engage in trend-spotting and competitive analysis of the ecommerce industry to communicate more broadly across the organization about integrating innovative technologies and programs
- Ability to QA and follow-up on bugs, keeping in mind the business goals, and prioritizing as needed
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
The right candidate will have
- Strong commercial background with proven track record in delivering ecommerce results – 5+ years of relevant experience in digital marketing and the conversion space
- 5+ years strategic planning experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- Experience working with creative and technical leads and teams on feature development – including hands-on deliver of site launches, updates, and refreshes
- Proven experience using industry tools and analytics packages, including web analytics, targeting, testing, CRM, and marketing automation platforms
- Website optimization experience
- Experience with customer segmentation, profiling, and targeting
- Confident, self-motivated individual with a strong, demonstrable bias for action, leadership, and teambuilding
- Experience managing cross-functional campaigns (on and offline)
- Former experience with budgetary control and management
- Willingness to be a teammate and a leader
- A strong sense of fun, empathy, and impact
You will have an advantage if you have:
- Sitecore CMS experience is very much preferred
- Project Management experience
- Firm understanding of HTML/HTML5
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself: