At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
PitchBook's Sr. Manager of Industry Training demonstrates a passion for training and industry certification, as well as, an enthusiasm for bringing meaningful solutions to our employees' training needs. This role is responsible for leading the development of PitchBook's industry related learning content for all roles and departments. The Sr. Manager of Industry Training partners with other PBLearning and content development team members to ensure efficient development, implementation, and adoption of top-quality training content focused on the Private Equity concepts our employees need to help our customers win. All done by creating content, defining key success metrics, measuring impact, and tracking business results of a robust framework to skill our employees.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Partner with stakeholders to define, develop and drive a unified industry training and certification strategy to ensure PitchBook meets our business goals
- Define, build, and grow a tiered certification program allowing employees to prove expertise with Private Equity concepts appropriate for success in their roles
- Work with content developers to design programs and assessment solutions to create an industry focused training curriculum for various audiences in our Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, Product, and Research teams
- Manage, grow and develop a team of training professionals
- Deliver group training and individual coaching to enhance employee industry capabilities
- Establish and evolve a streamlined process for ongoing maturation of curriculum, certification development, and release coordination with the PBLearning team, Customer Success, Marketing, Product, Research, Sales teams
- Leverage direct and extended PBLearning team's capabilities to administer programs - this includes organizing, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, and doing whatever it takes to deliver reliable results
- Continually evaluate assessment results not only for quality and business impact, but scalability. Conduct evaluations to understand successes and improvement opportunities for the designed solution while establishing methods for ensuring both compliance and quality
- Advocate for the training and certification program across PitchBook ensuring the learning and certification "story" is clear and understood
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
- Bachelor's degree in curriculum development, business, psychology, communications or related field. Equivalent work experience will be considered
- 7+ years experience in Training & Development
- Previous experience working in the financial industry preferred
- Experience building successful enterprise-wide certification programs and processes
- 4+ years experience successfully managing and developing a team
- Ability to drive cross-group collaborative efforts on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal coaching
- Strong collaborator with demonstrated track record of building alignment between product and subject matter experts across a company
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present to senior management and other stakeholders
- Proven experience at innovating and program execution to drive programs to the next level