Senior Manager, IT Workflow at ServiceNow
Job Title: ITOM Technical Delivery Manager – IT Workflow Applications, Employee Experience
This position reports to Director, IT Workflows and Now Platform
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
About the ITOM Technical Delivery Manager Role:
We are looking for ITOM Technical Delivery Manager(TDM)/Service Owner within our Digital Employee Experience, IT Workflow Applications team. This role will be instrumental in leading the ITOM product implementation and success of ServiceNow ITOM practice within our Digital Employee Experience organization.
The TDM works closely with internal business stakeholders and provides implementation leadership, business analysis, communications, and product adoption for internal IT on the ServiceNow platform. As customer zero of ServiceNow, the TDM also collaborates with ITOM product engineering team closely for early prototype design, product feedback and solution enhancement.
What you get to do in this role (Responsibilities):
- As customer zero of ServiceNow, lead application development team to implement ServiceNow ITOM product lines for internal IT operations
- Function as ITOM Service Owner, working with IT Product Owner and internal business stakeholders to define and prioritize the backlog of work including new product implementation, technology innovation prototype, and support of operational improvement -- be data-driven in prioritizing new demands, enhancements and quality improvements
- Collaborate with ITOM product engineering team regularly. Create technical insight material on ongoing implementations, product limitation, lessons learned
- Guide ITOM apps team as Early Design Partner to pilot on new ServiceNow product before General Availability (GA)
- Create and present clearly articulated communications and/or metrics on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis suitable for both highly technical and executive-level audiences
- Achieve and maintain a proficiency level of technical expertise with the tools and processes used by ServiceNow Product Development, Engineering and related teams
- Meet with internal business stakeholders regularly to provide project updates with technical insights. Provide new product release feature awareness, with recommendations and proper clarifications as needed
- Set up product adoption success criteria and define metrics for monitoring, drive and track new adoptions weekly/monthly with metrics
- Create and maintain roadmap for ITOM application development team, explain the in-flight initiatives, discuss ongoing sprint issues and status as needed
- Perform technical product demo of ServiceNow ITOM product lines to support “Now On Now program”
- Ownership of the ITOM Roadmap and drive Interlock and Portfolio review meetings with Business stakeholders
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Extensive ServiceNow ITOM implementation experience
- Technical consultant background for Fortune 500 companies
- Good at application development, Agile and DevOps methodology
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate and work with cross-functional and globally distributed work teams
- The ability to facilitate planning meetings, workshops, reviews and retrospectives across teams
- The ability to prioritize initiatives based on vision and strategic goals
- Excellent communication, negotiation, persuasion and presentation skills
- The ability to make decisions independently
- Exceptional leadership, people, organizational and planning skills
- Excellent reporting and data analysis skills
- The ability to focus on detail and follow-through on commitments
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science (CS), or related field
- 10+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager, Product Owner, Technical Architect or Consultant in a commercial software product company
- Experience with enterprise architecture domains
- Experience in ServiceNow ITOM modules – Service Mapping, Discovery, Event Management, Cloud Management, Orchestration, CMDB and Asset Management
- Experience with infrastructure, application and data, design architects to tie into broader solution for customers
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to include technical and business concepts
- Experience with CMDB design, architecture and implementations (CCMDB, UCMDB, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in AWS APIs, Azure, VMware, Puppet/Chef/Ansible, Containers/Docker, integration & automation expertise with 3rd parties
- Experience with orchestration and automation platforms such as HPOO, vRO, Atrium, MSFT, IPSoft, etc…
- Deep knowledge of service oriented and distributed application architecture in the enterprise (web services, data access and persistence, client/server, etc)
- Experience with discovery technologies (ADDM, TADDM, DDMA/UD, etc.)
- Experience with event management platforms (Netcool, HPOM, BPPM, etc).
- Experience with cloud management platforms such as Azure, AWS, VMware, etc..
- Exceptional understanding of Agile and Lean methodologies and familiarity with SDLC, DevOps, Quality standards, and best practices
- The ability to make trade-off decisions between possible and desirable, which requires a good sense of what is technically feasible
- The ability to context switch between future product planning and current product adoption activities
- The discipline to focus on high business value initiatives and prioritize activities, i.e., being good at saying “no” or “not now”
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences as well as communicating effectively with highly technical and knowledgeable audiences
- Ability to create great working relationships with all levels within the company and across multiple disciplines
- Comfortable facing new challenges, ambiguity, and changes in direction
- Familiarity with the ServiceNow platform capabilities and the ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
- ServiceNow certified implementation specialist
- Practitioner experience with the ServiceNow Platform and/or ITOM
- IT Operations leadership experience within global organization
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.