Stackline is an all-in-one ecommerce platform for brands and retailers. By combining market intelligence, advertising automation, workflow management, and operational analytics into a single platform, Stackline delivers the industry-leading operating system for companies to scale their online retail business globally. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Seattle with additional offices in Minneapolis, New York and London, Stackline is on a mission to engineer the world’s most powerful data, tools, and services for commerce.
Over the past year, Stackline has raised $180 million in strategic investments from Goldman Sachs Growth Equity and TA Associates. Stackline’s extensive brand list includes Starbucks, Sony, General Mills, Mondelez, and Levi’s.
Stackline is seeking a Senior Manager of Mergers and Acquisition Integration to lead the diligence activities and integration efforts of our future acquisitions. We’re looking for an experienced individual who excels in partnering cross-functionally and influencing in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This individual is operationally focused and commercially experienced, with the skill to simultaneously lead integration efforts while ensuring acquisition targets meet/exceed their commercial objectives.
The Senior Manager will work closely with senior executives, acquired company management, and internal cross-functional teams to coordinate diligence activities and the development, implementation, and execution of integration plans. The position will also participate in the M&A transaction process as well as other initiatives spearheaded by the Corporate Development team.
This highly motivated person will have the ability and desire to have a significant impact on the future of Stackline. The successful candidate will be a multi-dimensional operator who drives not only on the basis of important past experiences but also considers new approaches and developments that occur in the market.
- Provide support to the acquisition team prior to close (due diligence, project management, etc.)
- Serve as active participant in diligence of target company to lead the evaluation of key issues, to assess integration challenges and to develop post-close plans
- Partner closely with senior executives and workstream leaders to architect integration strategies that closely align with Stackline’s operating model
- Drive timely and objective decision-making with sound advice and good judgment to sustain the pace of integration and maintain alignment with the deal rationale
- Document detailed integration planning with milestones, timelines, resources, and costs required to achieve deal specific value and synergies
- Develop and measure specific financial measures and leading indicators throughout the integration/transition period to measure success of the integration
- Management of the overall execution of the integration plan from Day 1 onboarding to completion of all integration activities
- Present regular integration updates and ensure Stackline senior leadership is aware of critical issues/risks and drive them to resolution with constant and consistent objectivity
- Build, motivate, and inspire cross-functional teams that work closely with leaders to successfully plan and execute on integration milestones
- Stay current in deal and integration thought leadership and best practices to maintain cutting-edge M&A integration capabilities
- Own integration governance and manage decisions and progress reports for Integration team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years M&A experience
- Knowledge of and experience in leading complex post acquisition activities in technology companies
- Knowledge of end-to-end corporate development activities and demonstrated ability to facilitate complex and time sensitive decisions
- Exceptional project management skills with demonstrated capability in complex environments
- Strong business acumen with direct leadership experience in at least one operation/functional role
- High level of operational focus and rigor
- Understanding and appreciation for Stackline’s unique and developing culture; ability to be a culture carrier internally and externally
- Easily establishes rapport and effective relationships, while driving accountability for shared results
- Hands-on leader
- Able to build and sustain strong relationships at multiple levels internally and with partners; high emotional intelligence and an ability to challenge in a nuanced way. Influencing areas of the business that are not under direct control will be critical.
- Experience with a rapidly scaling technology/software business is a plus
Benefits and Perks: It’s important each and every employee feels they are supported and can complete their life’s best work today and in the future. We are investing in each person not only with competitive compensation, but also with industry leading benefits and perks. A few ways we support our employees is by offering:
- 100% paid health, medical and vision for employees and qualifying dependents
- Company 401k plan plus matching
- Company paid Life Insurance
- 20 days annually of Paid Time Off (with no accrual or tenure needed)
- 8 Paid company holidays
- 100% Paid Parental leave - 20 weeks for birthing mothers and 12 weeks for all other parents
- Summer Fridays early close at 2pm
- Annual training and development stipend of $1,000 USD
- Fully stocked kitchen snacks with weekly fresh fruit
Stackline is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.