Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
You are a strong operational leader who is eager to get your foot in the door at a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. In partnership with key demand, supply, and operations stakeholders at Convoy, you will lead a large team who functions as customer support, problem solver, and quality control for Convoy’s shippers and carriers. You’ll be an integral part of scaling Convoy’s operations to provide a smooth, consistent, and positive experience for our customers. You can demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment and are ready to attack unfamiliar problems with enthusiasm and a bias for action!
- Lead a team to develop, deploy and deliver against operations metrics required for our business to meet customer needs and internal company goals
- Drive the successful execution of strategic, cross-functional programs to address critical business issues or opportunities (e.g., forecasting, transitioning work to new teams, and account support processes).
- Collaborate with other leaders in operations to ensure consistency in process, performance, and culture across Convoy sites.
- Serve as a trusted partner to the demand org in defining, tracking, and implementing customer success objectives, strategy, tactics, and processes that scale.
- Triage and manage customer escalations; develop solutions through root cause analysis
- Support hiring, onboarding, and training of Operations Managers, Team Leads, Specialists, and Associates.
- Identify and advocate for additional resources and reporting needed for your team to succeed
- Track product use and product performance for your team, and work with our product and engineering teams to make improvements that help us serve and delight our customers.
- Partner with your Director of Operations to foster a transparent and positive working environment for team members including owning change management and internal communications as our business continues to evolve.
- Candidates must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands, including overnight, weekends and holidays
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of experience working in a fast-paced customer support environment
- 3+ years managing layered teams
- Experience with performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean methodologies
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to empathize with stakeholder needs and drive alignment across multiple teams.
- Superior organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Strong analytical skills – good at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, tracking key business metrics; exceptional Excel skills; SQL proficiency a plus
- Ability to work independently, think creatively, problem solve and manage multiple tasks and deliver results in a collaborative, start-up environment with changing requirements and priorities.
Nice to haves:
- Proficiency in SQL, Excel, and/or data visualization
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!