Senior Manager of Safety and Enforcement
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. Our Senior Leadership team has been recognized by Forbes, Seattle Business, and Geekwire. For the past three years we have been nominated as one of Seattle's "Best Places to Work" by Seattle Business Magazine, and celebrated awards in 2016 and 2017 by Seattle Met magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're also the recipient of World’s Most Dog-Friendly Offices in 2016 by Inc.com. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
About The Trust Safety Team:
Rover’s Safety and Enforcement team is responsible for supporting Rover's reputation by providing excellent customer care through prevention and problem resolution of issues that pose a risk to the company. The Safety and Enforcement team also resolves any possible risk to customers or anything that could negatively impact the customer experience through incident investigation, fraud, claims management, analysis, education, and enforcement of Rover.com terms and conditions.
In this role, you’ll lead managers to exceed service levels and performance goals, drive scale in a hyper-growth environment, develop and implement preventative strategy, and leverage a strong background in analytics by utilizing data within daily functions. This individual will exemplify Rover values, thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy tackling problems by offering solutions and can identify ways to reduce incidents.
- Investigate trends in the business and competitive landscape to inform business decisions
- Help design, develop, and execute upon a global, best-in-class Trust and Safety strategy that integrates product, analytics, and operational effectiveness to proactively mitigate risk, of our online and offline customer experience when incidents happen.
- Own annual and quarterly strategic planning, safety operations initiatives, financial planning, forecasting, and reporting for the organization.
- Working with the product, engineering, analytics, and brand teams to inform and develop business needs to improve trust across the platform as well as operational effectiveness.
- Strong People Leader with the ability to motivate and inspire large teams.
- Able to build strong cross-functional relationships across multiple teams and time zones.
- Mitigate high crisis incidents that pose a risk to company brand through de-escalation tactics.
- Provide critical strategic decision support through analytics and business insights.
- Develop policies for owners, sitters, and pets in collaboration with key stakeholders across the organization to enable trust to be maintained and enhanced.
- Ensure exceptional day-to-day operation of the global trust and safety teams, open to travel to locations around the world.
- Collaborate with legal and PR/Communications as needed to respond to online/offline safety issues effectively.
- Engage and maintain a productive relationship with third party insurance, contracted partnerships, and effectively source and leverage new resources to manage workload and customer demand.
- Work closely with senior operations leaders to ensure consistency and to collaborate on company-wide customer operations initiatives.
- 10+ years experience managing managers as direct reports
- Experience with leading large teams of 100+ employees.
- Experience with CRM tool, such as Zendesk, Talkdesk, or similar.
- Demonstrated history of making critical judgment calls based on complex information and difficult tradeoffs.
- Robust data analysis with the ability to present data and make recommendations to influence the organization to critical outcomes with quantitative analysis and presentation using.
- Proven organizational, detail orientation and time management skills required.
- Able to handle confidential information maturely and professionally.
- Creditable negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an unstructured environment
- High energy with superb attention to details, and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record in operations management, with measurable and demonstrated process improvement results.
- Preferred industry experience in eCommerce, Trust and Safety, Risk Management, Fraud and/or related role.
- Ability to leverage customer feedback, research data, and business metrics to continually evaluate current products/programs and champion continuous improvement.
- Occasional travel required
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Extra PTO you can earn by dog sitting
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Read Full Job Description