At Assurance, our mission is to deliver the most comprehensive health and financial wellness tool to every consumer at no cost. We are disrupting the antiquated and inefficient world of insurance and financial services. Our team of world-class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals are modernizing how people obtain and manage their financial life all through our powerful platform ecosystem. We are rapidly growing as we expand our product offerings and global footprint, and this growth continues to present new and exciting challenges as we push our industry into its future. We eliminate waste throughout the industry and calculate the complex into simple, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We are humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
About the Position
The Senior Mortgage Loan Processor's responsibility is to enable Assurance to run a smooth, profitable, and risk-free mortgage lead generation and broker operation. The role assists in the preparation of new mortgage and financial services related to license applications and see applications through to completion. This role is responsible for enforcing regulatory compliance to mitigate any potential regulatory or operational risks. The Operations Manager will serve as the primary point of contact for Customer, State, or other Regulatory Complaints and work all complaints through resolution.
What you will do:
- Facilitate state license application submission via the Nationwide Multi-State Licensing System (NMLS) including requesting supporting documentation.
- Maintain records, compiles information, and submits the necessary forms to various state licensing agencies in order to renew licenses.
- Develops, administers, and maintains a comprehensive compliance program with guidance from a third-party consultant.
- Responsible for ensuring all required internal and regulatory reporting is conducted in a timely, accurate, and compliant manner.
- Responsible (with additional guidance) for ensuring that the company is in compliance with laws and regulations on both a federal and state level, especially related to consumer protection issues.
- Advises management of emerging compliance issues and provide guidance to the business units in the establishment of controls to mitigate risks.
To be successful in this role, you must possess the following:
- Strong knowledge of federal and state residential lending and loan brokering laws and licensing requirements, and working knowledge of laws governing the mortgage and broader Personal Finance space.
- 3 years’ work experience in the residential mortgage industry, compliance and/or risk-management related fields a plus Proficiency in the use of the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
- NMLS License required.
- Experience submitting mortgage loan applications, order rate locks, credit reports, and appraisals, review borrower’s financial documents, and submit loans for underwriting review.
- Knowledge of federal and state mortgage and lending laws, including but not limited to, RESPA and FCRA. Understanding of the SAFE Act and state-specific licensing requirements.
- Residence within 50 miles or 1 hour of the corporate/main office
- National SAFE Act Education (20 completed)
- National SAFE Act Exam Passed
- 3 years out the last 5 years of MLO experience (licensed as an MLO)
- Clean credit report – no delinquencies or tax liens – Credit Score Minimum of 600
- No Criminal Background issues
- Current child support (if applicable)
- High School Diploma
- W-2’s and Tax returns – 2 years
- New licensing in additional states may be necessary. (Utah = 40 additional hours of education, exam + pipeline report – 45 closed loans in last 2 years for the PLM position)
What Assurance Offers
At Assurance, we strive for audacious goals, and we’re relentless in our pursuit to be the very best we can be, personally and professionally. Our benefits program is intended to enable every Assurance employee to be the best version of themselves. Our culture clears the way for you to challenge yourself and achieve the impossible. Learn more about life at Assurance!
Trust and Autonomy
At Assurance, we hire experts in their field, and we give them the independence and trust to build based on their expertise. We find that brilliant people, given this freedom and trust, will collaborate to build far more amazing things than they could ever be directed to create.
Drive to Innovate
We don't settle for the status quo – we're a team of innovators who believe that there’s almost always a better way. We operate on first principles – we challenge commonly held assumptions to create new and better solutions from scratch. In our short history we’ve made a lot progress with this mentality, launching new business lines and innovative products constantly. Following our historic acquisition by Prudential, we have more support than ever to innovate and change the world of insurance and financial services.
We leave ego at the door and work together to uncover the truth. We prioritize what is best for the whole and avoid focusing on what is best for the individual. We all care about achieving goals more than looking good, and we're eager to constantly be learning from each other.
Flexible Working Environment
Your schedule and working hours are up to you at Assurance. We care more about results than when and where you get your work done, and we find that a flexible schedule can help alleviate the stress of a rigid work-life balance.
Unlimited Time Off
We work hard, so it’s important that we take time to refresh and reset when we need it. We empower our employees to take the time that make sense for them.
Nutritional Snacks and Weekly Lunches
We encourage a healthy lifestyle for employees in all ways that we can, and we don’t want it to be tough to find sustenance when you’re hard at work! We provide healthy, nutritional snacks throughout our office, and outstanding local coffee. We also host a weekly lunch, featuring top local restaurants, to accompany our all-company meeting.
We want to make sure it’s easy for you to get to and from work, so we a provide free public transportation or greatly subsidized parking close to our office.
From the beginning, our founders believed that beautiful, open, inspiring spaces lead to energy and creativity. We seek beautiful office spaces in all of our locations, and in 2020 we’ll be taking occupancy of a stunning new office on the top two floors of Madison Center in downtown Seattle – this space features floor to ceiling windows with stunning 360 degree views of the Puget Sound, and an exclusive private rooftop deck.
Competitive Health Benefits
Access to high quality healthcare is core to our business, and we care that our employees don’t have to worry about visiting a doctor. All employees receive competitive health, dental, and vision benefits packages.
Choice of High-End Equipment
We want to make sure you’re empowered to create amazing things. We give new employees the option of a variety of high-end computers and accessories.
We believe in the importance of investing in yourself in a variety of ways, including financially. We offer a strong 401k plan, with options to invest in traditional, Roth, and after-tax options, all backed by a best-in-class platform from Prudential.