Senior Support Engineer
We’re growing fast and we’re looking for people who love to build things: products, companies, markets, and their careers! Think you have what it takes to work on one of the best teams in the industry? Read on.
We are looking for a Support Engineer who can be flexible on shifts. This is a growth role and a great entry point for an ExtraHop career. Real opportunities exist for career advancement within Support or in other business units. Support is the place to prove your worth and develop a base for career growth in the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the Support team, you will be both working with customers to resolve technical issues using a variety of internal resources and providing data analysis to understand and troubleshoot systems.
- Provide hardware and firmware deployment support for ExtraHop appliances, including issues with data feeds from network infrastructure, virtual switches, and packet forwarders
- Document incident cases, feature requests, and customer questions
- Be an escalation point for technical issues
- Act as the single point of contact for customer questions and concerns
- Provide professional, concise communication with customers
- Be a subject matter expert for ExtraHop
Qualifications and Experience
We’re looking for a Support Engineer who can help us grow to the next level as a company. As a starting point for this hands-on position, you’ll need the following background:
- Four-year degree or equivalent in a related discipline such as information technology, computer science, business, or engineering
- 2 years+ of experience in IS or IT, or 5 years+ experience high-level technical support role
- Experience with Unix/Linux based operating systems
- Working knowledge of networking and virtual systems
- Working knowledge of the OSI Model
- Excellent customer service, organizational, and documentation skills
- Working knowledge of networking protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and multicast
- Working knowledge of application protocols including HTTP, SSL, FTP, SMTP, and LDAP
ExtraHop is an enterprise cyber analytics and performance monitoring company helping the world’s leading organizations understand and secure their entire environment from core to edge to cloud. Our breakthrough approach to analytics and machine learning helps our customers investigate threats, ensure the delivery of critical applications, and secure their investment in the cloud, resulting in 95% faster threat detection and reducing unplanned downtime by 86% while providing the best possible customer experience.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. We’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years, and JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its 2018 Super 70 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. Credit Suisse recognized ExtraHop as a member of its inaugural Disruptive Technology Recognition Program, and SC Media named ExtraHop a 2019 Industry Innovator for enterprise network traffic analysis.
With well over $100 million in bookings in 2018, and 10x growth in security, the opportunity with ExtraHop has never been greater. Are you ready to rise above the noise?
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.