ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
The Customer Outcomes team at ServiceNow works with customers to help them achieve their business outcomes by providing prescriptive guidance. As part of the Customer Outcomes team, you will work with our customers to drive consumption, adoption, and customer satisfaction and ultimately help our customers grow their business on the ServiceNow platform by getting them to see the value of their ServiceNow investment.
The Sr. Technical Consultant, Platform Workflow is the functional and technical expert of a customer engagement team – consulting with customers and configuring the ServiceNow Platform products based on configuration best practices – all with the goal of accelerating and driving customer business outcomes.
What you get to do in this role:
- Creation and delivery of Platform solutions that take in to account long term technical architecture, process design and ServiceNow technical standards
- Support the engagement efforts related to Platform wide process definition, re-engineering, improvement and gap analysis of current/future-state processes and functionality during workshops with key customer sponsors and stakeholders
- Advise customers in their efforts to take advantage of the ServiceNow Platform capabilities in their efforts to improve their existing processes
- Lead customer design workshops across multiple ServiceNow Platform products and capabilities.
- Guiding customers in completing required documentation such as business requirement workbooks for technical aspects of the solution
- Drafting more technically-focused user stories, their acceptance criteria, testing strategy and knowledge transfer while supporting customers in reviewing and approving them
- Guides and provides ad-hoc oversight/training for the customer’s future system administrators throughout the engagement
- Lead technical aspects of project delivery and solution delivery for engagements, sometimes providing oversight and unit testing of partner resources development
- Be a lead member of an overall engagement project team focused on delivering successful and substantive customer outcomes
- Develop required integration components (SSO, LDAP, etc.) with multiple systems
- Develop required portal components
- Prepare all customer-facing deliverables focused on the technology and responsible for quality of configured/developed solution
- Juggle multiple and complex projects/initiatives
- Promoting continuous improvement practices for delivery/engagement materials
- Supporting specific sales activities when required
- Providing training and mentoring to other members of the ServiceNow delivery team and partner ecosystem upon request
- Up to 50% travel annually, driven by customer needs and internal meetings
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- At least 5 years of configuration/development experience for complex, highly-capable, technologies – inclusive of integrations and portals
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) in an complex and varied customer environments, while providing thought leadership to customer sponsors/stakeholders in solving business process and/or technical problems
- Experience with Web Technologies (XML, HTML, Web Services, Bootstrap, CSS, middleware, LDAP, SSO, etc.) and working with SaaS technologies
- Experience with data management, database design, and database concepts
- Knowledge of technical components such as LDAP, VPN, SSL, SAML/SSO and other widespread enterprise technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer-centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builder
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.