Senior Vendor Manager (Beauty&Health)
About the role:
Coupang is looking for a smart, customer obsessed, driven, and creative candidate to help us build and drive some of our largest and fastest growing categories and sub-categories. The Senior Vendor Manager will be primarily responsible for 1) setting category strategy; 2) negotiating new and direct partnerships with key brands; 3) expanding selection 4) improving business terms 4) leading key project areas that help drive sustained improvements across the larger Coupang Retail organization; 5) driving the top and bottom line of the overall P&L while working closely with the Retail, Supply Chain and various other Cross-functional teams.
Some specific things you’ll work on:
- Act as the P&L and category owner for his or her respective vendors, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact the business. This entails owning forecasting, monitoring, and reporting on suppliers, along with responsibility for driving strategic projects to achieve business objectives.
- Manage new and existing vendor relationships - manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships, and consistently work to expand our selection
- Negotiate for business terms, best costs, promotional pricing and funding, and partners with the marketing team to create and sell marketing budgets
- Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new products.
- Drive key projects above and beyond category ownership that will help drive sustained improvements across the larger Coupang Retail organization.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
What we’re looking for:
This candidate should have previous experience in buying/vendor management as well as a background in retail or e-commerce. They must be able to work in a highly demanding but collegial environment where teamwork is a must. The right candidate will be a self-starter, able to work with minimal direction, be flexible, action and results oriented. They must also be decisive and able to move with speed to implement their own ideas.
- 4+ years of experience in buying, product management, vendor management, retail, e-commerce
- Professional experience in negotiating with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency with Excel and extracting data through varied reporting tools in order to drive and influence business decisions
- Ability to understand multiple retail business models and their technical implementation.
- Ability to prioritize work in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with ambiguous problems.
- Bachelor's degree majored in business, finance, analytical or related majors. (mathematics, computer science/engineering, statistics, economics etc.)
Bonus points for:
- Bilingual in Korean
- Recent experience with creating Tableau reports
- MBA or other relevant graduate degree
- Relevant experience in retail, operations or e-commerce.
- Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
- Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
- Strong communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Catered Lunches
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]