Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
We're looking for an experienced customer service oriented Service Desk Technician to support our growing company. As a Service Desk Technician you will be responsible for supporting the needs of employees within the company. This role requires strong technical aptitude, enterprise support experience, and most of all, a strong customer-first attitude.
- Run a help/desk ticketing system for employee IT issues.
- Provide strong customer service to employees with Mac and PC issues.
- Onboard new hires: setting up equipment and configuring and provisioning Mac and PC systems.
- Establish and support AV systems (projection, video conferencing, meeting recording).Procuring and maintaining inventory of IT equipment (computers, monitors, IT supplies etc.) and developing an asset management system.
- Support users on applications and tools (Google Apps, Slack, Okta, Talkdesk etc.).Supporting new applications and tools.
- Set up and troubleshoot printer/copier/scanners.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues and assisting with expanding network and Wifi in new office spaces.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years experience in an IT support or similar role in an enterprise environment.
- Obsession with providing awesome customer service to employees and a great end user experience.
- The ability to think on your feet and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations.
- A desire to work in a team environment and are able to build rapport quickly with those around you.
- You can meet deadlines and manage competing priorities quickly and effectively.
- The ability to be proactive and try to think two steps ahead. You anticipate IT issues and troubleshoot roadblocks before they happen.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self awareness and can communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience.
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with AV systems, software implementations (such as SSO), managed and provisioned machines, and printer issues.
- An ability to troubleshoot nearly any Mac and PC issues.
- Executive Support experience.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!