Service Desk Technician - Seattle at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:14 p.m. (PST) on Monday, February 24, 2020
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward!
We're looking for an experienced customer service oriented Service Desk Technician to support our growing company. As a Service Desk Technician you will be responsible for supporting the needs of employees within the company. This role requires strong technical aptitude, enterprise support experience, and most of all, a strong customer-first attitude.
You will take ownership of:
- Running a help/desk ticketing system for employee IT issues.
- Providing strong customer service to employees with Mac and PC issues.
- Setting up and troubleshooting printer/copier/scanners.
- Onboarding new hires: setting up equipment and configuring and provisioning Mac and PC systems.
- Establishing and supporting AV systems (projection, video conferencing, meeting recording).Procuring and maintaining inventory of IT equipment (computers, monitors, IT supplies etc.) and developing an asset management system.
- Supporting users on applications and tools (Google Apps, Slack, Okta, Talkdesk etc.).Supporting new applications and tools.
- Troubleshooting network connectivity issues and assisting with expanding network and Wifi in new office spaces.
You have the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years experience in an IT support or similar role in an enterprise environment.
- Obsession with providing awesome customer service to employees and a great end user experience.
- Ability to think on your feet and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations.
- You work well in a team environment and are able to build rapport quickly with those around you.
- You can meet deadlines and manage competing priorities quickly and effectively.
- You are proactive and try to think two steps ahead. You anticipate IT issues and troubleshoot roadblocks before they happen.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are self aware and can communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience.
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with AV systems, software implementations (such as SSO), managed and provisioned machines, and printer issues.
- Ability to troubleshoot nearly any Mac and PC issues.
- Executive Support experience.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description