ServiceNow Application Engineer (Contract To Hire) at Getty Images
Application Support Engineer, Senior’s (ASE,S)are responsible for software installation, configuration, scripting, troubleshooting, and hands-on production support functions. You are a key resource in a process-oriented work environment, creating and streamlining efficient application support processes. ASE,S’s focus is monitoring and maintaining end-to-end application health, ensuring all applications are functioning as expected and performing optimally. ASE’s will manage vendor relationships, holding them to account for their obligations, while maintaining a good working relationship.
• Install, configure, maintain, support and develop subject matter expertise in multiple third-party enterprise-class software platforms.
• Code “utility” and “tool” class solutions to aid in the management of software support functions.
• Contribute to requirements definition and selection process of software platforms.
• Author and maintain operational support documentation.
• Provide Tier 2 support of software platforms (incident management and problem management).
• Manage software vendor service-delivery and service quality.
• Monitor mission critical, highly-available software platforms for availability, performance, integrity and capacity.
• Develop application SLA’s with the business and track/report performance against objective data.
• Mentor peers on best-in-class application lifecycle management process, policies, and practices.
• Leads application support initiatives as part of a project team
• Leads hand-off of application support responsibilty from project implementation phase to operational support phase.
• Recommends and implements process improvements
• Recommends and implements system improvements
• Develops budgetary estimates
• Can serve as proxy for team manager in key plannig and decision meetings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Three years demonstrated skills and experience in common software development practices (.net, SQL, Linux, scripting, automation of tasks, etc…).
• Comfort at the command-line.
• Experience in third-party software installation, configuration and lifecycle management.
• Experience working with software development teams to assemble custom application development solutions.
• Recent experience managing third-party application and SaaS vendor products and services (authoring SoW’s, negotiating contracts, brokering support services, etc…)
• Recent history of successfully managing open source and proprietary software systems in an enterprise environment.
• Solid ability to work independently and within demanding application development teams.
• Experience with Microsoft and Linux Server operating systems.
• Proficiency with system performance monitoring, tuning, and reporting tools.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong technical/problem solving skills.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
• Proven ability to communicate well to management, peers and clients.
• Anticipate and proactively complete tasks, requests and documentation.
• Expert level system administrator and SDLC practitioner, minimum of 5 years.
• Expert vendor management experience, minimum 3 years.
• Expertise to lead complex multi-team Incident Management and Problem Management efforts (restoration of services, identifying root cause)
• Expert in Lean/Agile/Scrum project methodologies
Education and Certifications
• BS in Computer Science, Math or related degree
• ITIL v3.0 certification
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images is the starting point for our customers imagery search. Customers are confident that they are going directly to the best source of content, and that Getty's search engine will surface only the most relevant content to them and have the tools they need to refine and explore creatively.
Our customers will be able to communicate effortlessly with Getty Images, in their quest to find the right imagery. Using text, voice, or visual channels, they will have the ability to describe their content needs creatively and thoroughly. Getty Images' search will eliminate the barrier that exists between a creative art director and a technical researcher.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery. Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.