ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
The Solution Consulting (pre-sales) organization is a vital and well-respected part of the sales eco-system at ServiceNow who is expected to deliver spectacular interactions and experiences with customers and also internally, with a focus on performance, teamwork, and continual improvement.
We are seeking a Solution Consulting Leader to lead partnering, technical discovery demonstration capability, team growth, and overall strategy. This strategic leadership role will set the agenda for presales capabilities as well as execution by inspiring and managing a team of Federal Presales Solution Consultants. The ideal manager will create a repeatable process, driving results and outcomes in a multi-fold agenda including
- Ensure SCs demonstrate relevance to customers, fully discover customers’ mission and technical problems, deliver the highest quality presentations and demonstrations, execute proofs of concept successfully and only when needed, comprehend and document the business value to be delivered, and ensure customer commitment to the ServiceNow solution
- Develop team members according to the demands of the business and according to their individual professional goals
- Develop and maintain a recruiting pipeline of potential SC candidates to meet future business demands
- Work with regional sales & solution consulting managers to prioritize regional Solution Consulting efforts
- Assign resources to opportunities, and consistently evaluate progress against goals
- Assign resources as required to marketing and other efforts to support demand generation
- Develop and deploy team training curriculums to meet the changing demands of the sales organization
- Evaluate team members regularly through analysis of direct observation, peer feedback and sales feedback
- Ensure proper alignment of resources and effective utilization of skill sets within the assigned region
- Manage day-to-day activities such as resource scheduling conflicts, expense review and approval, activity reporting—to name only a few.
- Partner with Marketing, SC Field and the other Workflow SC leadership to create pipeline generation capability
To be successful in this role you have:
- Strong pre-sales experience for +7 years, preferably within Federal.
- Prior technical leadership experience for a revenue-generating team
- Willingness to travel up to 40%
- Thought leadership in methods and techniques for storytelling with software
- Ability to coach and develop individual contributors
- Able to lead people, process, and systems development
- Gain and build relationship and trust quickly inside and outside of the SC organization
- Strong understanding of sales engagement process and business value
- Ability to clearly articulate the power and value of the ServiceNow platform
- Experience working in a fast-growing IT environment including software, cloud, or customer experience of the same
- Understanding of standard approaches to coaching, mentoring, and management of individual contributors
- Ability to motivate and inspire a growing team of Presales Solutions Consultants
- Experience in Value-Based Selling or Solution Selling
- A thorough understanding of the SaaS Market space, the provision of PaaS based solutions, and a broad understanding of IT (Ops, Business Mgmt., Asset Mgmt., DevOps, and SecOps) practice
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.