Today, there is a chronic and pervasive customer data problem -- one that’s preventing some of the world’s most loved brands from understanding and engaging their customers through meaningful and captivating customer experiences. Amperity has invented a way to solve this problem with the horsepower of a distributed data infrastructure and the intelligence of bleeding-edge machine learning algorithms and techniques. Amperity frees, connects, and makes customer data usable so brands can create extraordinary customer experiences at scale. This approach unleashes the creative potential of Amperity users, allowing them to excel at what they do and bring their best ideas to life.
Amperity is an early stage technology company, venture-backed by the early investors of Amazon, Facebook, LinkedIn, Spotify, Concur, FlipKart and many more. Our team of successful, repeat entrepreneurs is focused on building a company comprised of top-tier talent and a suite of disruptive products that drive tremendous value for our customers and the consumers they serve.
- As a Solutions Engineer on our Customer Solutions team, you will partner with Engagement Managers to develop, optimize, and deliver client databases using Amperity’s powerful database generation and segmentation tools. This involves reviewing, optimizing, and improving existing SQL queries and advising Engagement Managers on how to streamline them, as well as advise on how our platform and tools can be optimized and improved.
- Own the performance and scalability of database creation and SQL creation within the Amperity platform.
- Partner with the Engagement Managers to prioritize, scope, and coordinate their use of your time.
- Understand and provide feedback on customer requirements.
- Implement production-grade marketer-friendly databases and queries that enable highly-visible, and highly-valuable, customer use cases to non-technical end-users.
- 5 years experience in software development, software implementation or professional services.
- A wide breadth of technical knowledge, with an eagerness to learn and use new technologies.
- A creative, versatile approach to solving problems with technology - the variety of problems you face will rarely have a well-defined, obvious solution.
- Experience with relational databases, SQL queries and optimization, and dealing with large datasets a requirement. Must have experience in multiple dialects of SQL.
- Experience directly with Apache Spark and Spark SQL a distinct plus.
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (Accumulo, Hadoop) a distinct plus.
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a “great place to work”. Transportation subsidies, 100% healthcare coverage, and a comfortable snack-laden work environment. Beyond the basics, we provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
Please see below to apply directly or contact [email protected] for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.