Amperity is a rapidly growing technology company led by repeat entrepreneurs and seasoned business leaders and technologists. Our expertise in large-scale data management, enterprise software, and machine learning has empowered us to innovate and build a paradigm-shifting solution to one of consumer brands’ most fundamental challenges today. Every brand is striving to have a more personal relationship with their customers, but the data they possess about these customers is scattered throughout disparate systems.
Enter Amperity. We have created a platform that can rapidly and intelligently unify customer data at scale, which powers our customers to make smart decisions and bring their best ideas to life. Amperity commercially launched our signature product in September 2017 and has already made significant customer traction with incredible consumer businesses like Starbucks, Alaska Airlines, Gap, Moet Hennessy USA, TGI Fridays, Kendra Scott, and Wynn Las Vegas to name a few. We believe that the technology at the core of our offering will set the standard for how forward-thinking companies manage their customer data.
We stay connected through our values. We play for each other. That means we show up for each other, act with empathy, and bring our authentic selves to work every day. We're growing this company not for own personal gain, but for each other. We build for durability. That means creating something worth creating, that will endure the test of time. We do this by relentlessly focusing on our customers' success, building high-quality systems, and planning for long-term scale. We're grounded by humility and driven by ambition. We focus on making things better, today. We're hungry, we're passionate, and we love tough problems and new challenges. You don't hear a lot of "I don't know how" or "I can't" at Amperity. When faced with a hurdle, we jump.
Come join us.
- As a Solutions Engineer on our Customer Solutions team, you will partner with Engagement Managers to develop, optimize, and deliver client databases using Amperity’s powerful database generation and segmentation tools. This involves reviewing, optimizing, and improving existing SQL queries and advising Engagement Managers on how to streamline them, as well as advise on how our platform and tools can be optimized and improved.
- Own the performance and scalability of database creation and SQL creation within the Amperity platform.
- Partner with the Engagement Managers to prioritize, scope, and coordinate their use of your time.
- Understand and provide feedback on customer requirements.
- Implement production-grade marketer-friendly databases and queries that enable highly-visible, and highly-valuable, customer use cases to non-technical end-users.
- 5 years experience in software development, software implementation or professional services.
- A wide breadth of technical knowledge, with an eagerness to learn and use new technologies.
- A creative, versatile approach to solving problems with technology - the variety of problems you face will rarely have a well-defined, obvious solution.
- Experience with relational databases, SQL queries and optimization, and dealing with large datasets a requirement. Must have experience in multiple dialects of SQL.
- Experience directly with Apache Spark and Spark SQL a distinct plus.
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (Accumulo, Hadoop) a distinct plus.
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a “great place to work”. Transportation subsidies, 100% healthcare coverage, and a comfortable snack-laden work environment. Beyond the basics, we provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
Please see below to apply directly or contact [email protected] for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.