Solutions Manager at Flexport (Seattle, WA)
Build the programs to help Flexport grow
The Ecosystem team’s mission is to enable 100% automation in global trade by building robust data integrations between Flexport’s core platform and our customer, supplier, and carrier systems.
Flexport is a freight forwarder and logistics platform using modern software to make global trade easier for everyone. We are solving complex problems on a global scale, and disrupting a multi-trillion dollar industry that has remained stubbornly unchanged.
With offices on three continents, we help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving goods between any two places on the planet. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
We are looking for a talented Solutions Manager to join our team! In this role you will apply your project management expertise to drive the successful implementation of robust and scalable integrations in a timely manner for our highest value and most complex customers - all while delighting our stakeholders.
- Manage multiple integration projects simultaneously, working with cross-functional stakeholders such as Client Solutions, Account Management, Product, Engineering, as well as external partners and/or customers.
- Create project plans, setting appropriate milestones in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Produce clear and concise artifacts for communicating status, progress, issues and risks.
- Identify blockers or issues impacting projects and escalate as needed.
- Help the team understand critical paths and prioritize work.
- Ensure adherence to our standard delivery protocol, and improve upon our processes.
- Be an agent of change management, helping to scale our team and our ability to deliver quality integrations with speed and impeccable customer service.
You should have:
- 5+ years of technical project management experience, ideally in a SaaS Professional Services environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or relevant work experience.
- PMP certification.
- Experience managing large-scale, cross-functional programs, ideally related to enterprise systems, EDI, flat file or API integrations.
- Understanding of technology architecture concepts, software and product development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage ambiguity and competing priorities.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Proficiency in Google Sheets (or MS Excel), Google Slides (or MS PowerPoint).
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in logistics and supply chain field.
- Familiarity with agile/scrum processes.
- Experience working with Jira/Confluence.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated, and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, creed, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.