Sr Director, Proprietary Brands Supply Chain at Chewy
Chewy is seeking a Senior Director, Proprietary Brands Supply Chain located in Seattle, WA who is passionate about building a global supply chain and solving complex problems while rapidly growing a business. You will lead a team of supply chain planning and execution experts to scale the business, develop new planning capability and systems, and be a founding leader for one of the fastest growing businesses.
In this senior leadership role, you will lead developing the supply chain strategy and its successful implementation for our Proprietary Brands business. The role will require influencing C-suite executives, partnering with merchandising, sourcing/manufacturing, transportation, and product/technical leaders, and leading/developing a high-performing team. A successful leader is comfortable with ambiguity, will integrate well with both the business teams and science/research teams, develop scalable solutions iteratively, and accelerate time to deliver industry leading supply chain solutions.
We are seeking a data-driven leader with strong analytical and planning experience in forecasting, demand planning, supply planning, inventory management, and supply chain process/systems improvements. This leader should be able to lead in a fast paced, high growth environment and motivate others to innovate in a highly customer-focused and growth-driven culture. You should have experience leading people at scale, driving an entrepreneurial mindset, and successfully partnering with internal/external partners to drive end to end value chain improvements. The leader should be strategic and tactical in leading this function for the long-term growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and lead a high-performing team of supply chain professionals in forecasting, demand and supply planning, and inventory health.
- Develop and implement long, medium, and short-term supply chain plans and develop a long-term resilient global supply chain.
- Implement strategies to support a rapidly expanding business by building an agile and efficient supply chain that will improve Customer Experience, lower operating cost and improves capital utilization.
- Identify business risks and opportunities, while recommending action plans to cross-functional teams improve inventory availability and inventory health.
- Lead recurring business reviews with senior executives with clear communication of critical information both verbally and in written formats.
- Drive accountability for key performance indicators with own team, cross-functional partners and vendor partners.
- Partner with science, research, and technical teams to drive systematic improvements at all levels of the business.
- Use data and science to solve complex supply chain problems and scale our planning systems and processes.
What You’ll Need:
- Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years of leadership roles in supply chain planning in retail or e-commerce, with high preference for merchandising supply chain experience.
- Demonstrated practical knowledge in inventory planning concepts and methodologies in an e-commerce environment.
- Knowledge and/or experience with analytical supply chain planning models, forecasting systems, inventory planning and management systems.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, SQL preferred.
- Leading and scaling teams with direct managerial responsibilities.
Bonus (if applicable):
- MBA in Supply Chain or Operations.
- Experience with complex analytical models and algorithms.