Outreach is looking for a Scale team leader to create and grow our Customer Success & Support motion for one-to-many accounts. This is a leadership role reporting into the Global VP of Success Strategy & Support. The role will have significant business impact by leading both Customer Success Managers and their 1: many book of business and their operating rhythm of proactive and reactive touchpoint design as well as front line technical support for our micro and emerging markets.
The remit is building a world class operating rhythm and workforce as Outreach expands globally, solving for success and supporting customer needs for growth and transactional learning - creating value across needs.
The primary objective of this hands-on, data driven leader will be to increase customer retention and growth within a high volume of low-ARR accounts. The ideal candidate will blend knowledge of customer support and success operations, customer engagement/outreach at scale, automation and data analysis in order to create a world-class one-to-many customer success team. They will understand how to nurture and shape a team, build programs, test and learn and have a strong operational bent.
Who you are:
- You’re a leader – who builds world class, engaged and performance driving teams and you are adept at articulating vision and breaking it down for your managers to communicate and execute
- You have exceptional pattern recognition – someone who persistently looks at data to uncover business insights and drive decision-making.
- You’re willing to sign up for ambitious results and committed to high business impact
- You’re comfortable making strategic trade-offs, and have a history of successful decision-making
- You’re an effective communicator who prioritizes quality of work and successful outcomes over ego
- You’re an influencer due to the credibility of your results
- You’re a collaborator who works cross-departmentally to achieve outcomes for our customers. You have partnered closely with marketing, support, IT, legal, billing, sales and presales on large scale projects.
What you’ll own:
- The strategic and operational CSM & Support initiatives across one-to-many customer-focused teams, working closely with CSM leadership and CS Strategy and Operations to deliver strategic insights, provide solutions to challenges and recommendations.
- Development of best practices for the SCALE team and articulate the value of these practices to stakeholders; identify gaps and propose changes to existing processes, develop scalable solutions and oversee key organizational metrics.
- Mitigation of churn within long-tail of low-ARR customers. Protect the core while also expanding this customer base.
- Development of SCALE roadmap and lifecycle strategy, planning for CSM engagement and frequency of touches, both human and automated.
- Champion Support models to best support global customer needs as well as career pathing, metrics & operating rhythm
- Team engagement, satisfaction and performance
- Results of the SCALE CSM & Support teams as they relate to Customer Success KPIs
- Manage and build front line support organization to orchestrate technical questions at scale, optimizing handoffs, workflows and team upskilling.
Experience you’ll need:
- 8-10+ years experience across Customer Success, Support, Operations or Strategy, Sales or Marketing Analytics, preferably within a B2B SaaS or subscription business environment.
- Proven record of data-savvy, analytics-driven decision making and follow through
- Demonstrable global leadership experience, especially around designing strategy, building and managing multiple locations, offerings, localization considerations and then leading your team to deliver results.
- Experience working with Gainsight, Salesforce, Zendesk and Tableau or other data-related software
- Experience with customer lifecycle programs, customer success programs, and analytics preferred
- Experience using automation to solve business needs at scale
Why You’ll Love It Here
• 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Read Full Job Description