Who We Are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. Our Senior Leadership team has been recognized by Forbes, Seattle Business, and Geekwire. For the past three years we have been nominated as one of Seattle's "Best Places to Work" by Seattle Business Magazine, and celebrated awards in 2016 and 2017 by Seattle Met magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're also the recipient of World’s Most Dog-Friendly Offices in 2016 by Inc.com. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
What we're looking for:
The Senior Manager, Customer Experience Training, Quality, and Content has the critical role of continuously improving the customer-facing functions at Rover by being directly responsible for supporting Rover’s customer-facing teams grow and scale from a knowledge standpoint. You will inspire and reinforce flawless front-line support for Rover's exponential growth by improving front-line training, content, tools and underlying systems.
Key responsibilities include leading a team of trainers and training programs that accelerate the ramp time of new hires, creating and measuring training programs that help keep existing team members up-to-date or abreast of changes to processes, policies, etc., and developing a quality assurance program that reduces errors, improves customer satisfaction, and identifies opportunities for training improvement. This position is strategic in nature and will help define and build out the Training, Quality Assurance, and Content Strategy for Rover Support.
The ideal candidates is one that thrives in an environment that is fast paced, enjoys tackling high impact business problems, and can identify ways and act quickly ways to improve key metrics. This position requires that a person enjoy adapting to change, a voracious appetite for interacting with data to solve problems, to be innovative, to communicate clearly, to be organized, and to drive critical outcomes. This person will also have a deep commitment to servant leadership.
- Training, Learning and Development:
- Lead and develop a team consisting of training specialists, quality assurance specialists, and help center content managers.
- Evolve our the Rover onboarding program that helps newly hired front-line team members to accelerate onboarding, sets the agents up to be successful, be productive, and minimizes attrition.
- Manage and lead training programs that ensure customer support team members have the knowledge and skills to assist customers, solve problems, meet metrics, etc.
- Participate in key rhythms, such as Product/Engineering updates, Marketing campaigns, etc. and changes within customer support operations around policies, tools, etc. so that information can then be trained and/or communicated to customer facing teams.
- Develop a training certification program for both training specialists and Customer Experience team members.
- Collect feedback on effectiveness of training programs, knowledge bases, etc and evolve the program as appropriate.
- Quality Assurance:
- Build out a contact quality assurance program that improves customer satisfaction and reduces errors made by customer support team members.
- Dig into the relevant data to identify trends around quality issues, developing solutions on how to improve defined quality from a metrics standpoint.
- Build a culture of continuous learning, of driving efficiency and reducing waste, etc.
- Help Center Content Strategy:
- Partners with internal partners to develop help center insights and analysis that will inform strategic choices in how we service our customers.
- Oversee and lead development and audit methodology of help center content is utilized by internal and external users.
- Provide recommendations that direct our evolutions around our internal knowledge base and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years experience in learning & development program management, preferably in a customer support and/or contact center environment.
- 5+ years of people management experience, with at least 2 years managing managers with direct reports.
- Prior experience as a training facilitator, teacher, or recruiter or managing training strategy.
- Experience interacting with learning management systems such as Lesson.ly.
- Experience establishing and running a quality assurance program involving service delivery.
- Experience participating in work optimization programs such as Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen or other improvement methodologies.
- Strong project and time management skills with ability to stack rank and execute quickly against critical business priorities.multi-task.
- Proven ability to make very difficult tradeoffs to drive outcomes.
- Demonstrated appetite for and ability to interact with data to solve key business problems.
- Familiarity with marketplace and/or on-demand business models preferred.
4 weeks paid time off
Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
Free catered lunches semi-monthly
Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
50 free dog walks a year