Sr. Manager, e-Commerce at Expedia Group
The Expedia CMC (Customer, Markets, and Capital) team is responsible for the performance and growth of Expedia’s business, actively partnering with multiple teams across our dynamic organization. We are currently seeking an experienced and driven e-commerce professional to lead key growth initiatives in the US and Canada points of sale.
In the Sr. Manager, e-Commerce role, you will have a direct feel on the pulse of the travel industry. You will identify meaningful performance trends and areas of opportunity to grow Expedia’s North America business. You will look at the customer journey and identify areas of improvement while working with various teams to resolve site-side issues and identify new opportunities. Additionally, you will drive the local strategy and growth for the region and work hand-in-hand with marketing, retail, product, supply, and customer service teams.Customer Experience linked to the site experience
- Lead and oversee execution-focused workstreams that cross multiple teams within the organization, including global marketing and product teams
- Understand the customer: report on and follow through on the improvement of key drivers of customer conversion (UI, bugs, site features, etc.), including customer satisfaction and attrition (dropout rate, funnel analysis, NPS)
- Actively investigate known or suspected issues of conversion breakdown from outside sources, including visitor notes, bug reports, outages, research, and employee feedback
- Working with cross-functional teams to perform site tear-downs and conduct analyses to identify ways to improve the performance of the site and provide a positive experience
- Improve customer experience efforts through activities such as OpinionLab to resolve customer facing issues acting as the Voice of the Customer
- Daily monitoring of key site metrics (visitors, engagement, conversion, channel & LoB performance etc.) and develop/implement performance improvement and optimization plans
- Monitor, analyze and diagnose site issues through Omniture and raise site issues/booking issues
- Track and report on internal search, pricing and checkout issues and provide reports on errors encountering on site
- Minimum 7+ years industry experience (travel or consumer e-commerce preferred) with a consistent track record of success
- University Degree (Master’s degree a plus)
- SME with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and proven experience in modeling, analysis, research, and presentation creation
- 7+ years’ experience working with data analysis and tools including (Business Objects, Omniture / Google Analytics, Tableau)
- Experience measuring the performance of online marketing channels including SEM, SEO, Affiliate, Display, Email and Metasearch campaigns and strategies
- Experience with developing business cases to feed into agile product management workstreams
- Ability to successfully define and deliver complex projects end-to-end with positive return on investment, from business case through deployment
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively and in a cross-functional and highly matrixed team environment
- Ability to influence partners via hypothesis-led presentations and use cases
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
- Ability working in a constantly and rapidly changing environment
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.