ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
We are looking for a strategic, creative communications professional to join our executive communications team. The ideal candidate will have strong executive presence and confidence, and a natural ability to craft compelling, people-focused stories about our culture, values, and business, and work with an integrated communications team to distribute, amplify, and measure results on behalf of members of the ServiceNow executive leadership team. Experience in a hypergrowth tech company and a desire to work collaboratively with C-Suite leaders, their teams, agency partners, business partners, and vendors are important.
This person will be the external communications lead and a trusted communications advisor to ServiceNow’s chief customer and partner officer, our chief innovation officer, and on occasion, our chief strategy officer. Working with an integrated team across public relations, content/thought leadership, social media, and the speakers’ bureau, they will coordinate the strategy for each executive’s external visibility plan and oversee the execution of recommended deliverables. This position will directly own remarks development and preparing our chief customer officer and chief innovation officer for top-tier speaking opportunities, will make day-to-day recommendations across their respective social channels, and be the executives’ dedicated writer for externally facing thought leadership content.
The successful candidate will have a proven record of creating high-impact content, messaging, and plans geared to global external audiences. Very strong writing and editing abilities are critical.
- Lead the external strategic communications plan for ServiceNow’s chief customer and partner officer and chief innovation officer, as well as opportunistic deliverables for our chief strategy officer.
- Build strong relationships with executives to understand their point of view and be able to reflect their voice in thought leadership pieces and other externally facing content.
- Drive integration across comms disciplines (PR, thought leadership, social, and analyst relations).
- Lead remarks development and prep for all top tier earned speaking opportunities; serve as dedicated writer for thought leadership content; and own social strategy and execution.
- Counsel agency on strategic business and communications priorities to develop consistent, relevant external narratives and strategic visibility plans.
- Measure and report on quarterly results; advise on areas to evolve based on insights.
- Collaborate closely with internal comms partners and executive offices for consistency and to leverage ideas where appropriate, to stay current on business priorities and points of view, and with key marketing partners (strategic events, executive programs) where needed to support executives.
- Work closely with the ServiceNow speakers’ bureau to source, recommend, staff, and measure external speaking opportunities.
- Partner with agency and thought leadership editors to develop and execute smart content plan across sponsored channels, owned channels, and social channels.
- Strategic mindset: Set goals in line with business priorities, develop desired outcomes, and create plan to achieve.
- Results-oriented: Grounded in ongoing data and program ROI to inform new ideas and evolve plans; excited about continual achievements.
- Execution focus: Achieves results, even if lacking significant direction or access to executive.
- Engaging and collaborative: Growth mindset, desire to learn and grow, eager to partner for the benefit of the executive, the company, and the broader integrated team.
- Business acumen: Understanding of enterprise software/B2B industry and ecosystem; ability to quick absorb and translate ServiceNow and customer and partner organization strategies and concepts.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 7 years of communications experience and at least 5 years working with C-level executives, designing thought leadership and/or communications strategies within a global organization
- Experience in large-scale, hypergrowth and SaaS companies preferred
- Ability to think quickly and pivot when necessary, to create and execute plans with a preference for a collaborative work style.
- Agile mindset that is comfortable with deadlines, fast-paced environment, and a matrixed organizational structure in a hypergrowth company.
- Demonstrated executive communications and content creation experience with and for C-suite.
- Ability to advise executives on effective talk tracks, storytelling and other content around company narrative, company topics including diversity, inclusion and belonging and workflow experiences.
- Strong writing skills to create owned content that supports our narratives and executive platforms.
- Curious and creative with a strategic approach to empowered problem-solving; collaborative, transparent and empathetic approach to teamwork.
- B. A. in communications, journalism, marketing, or business preferred.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.