Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are among the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success.
Blue Nile seeks candidates who thrive in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment and demonstrate a record of achievement. The successful candidate will have strong problem solving skills, enthusiasm for learning new technologies, and a strong sense of ownership and responsibility. Come make your mark at a small company where you have the opportunity to make a difference.
Blue Nile is seeking a passionate and talented, hands-on experienced leader to serve as Sr. Manager of Logistics.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing and streamlining the operations and logistics support services for Blue Nile that enables the company to deliver products on time to our customers in the most efficient and cost effective manner possible. He/she builds and maintains strong vendor relationships, aggressively negotiates costs, and leads large, impactful initiatives that support better on time delivery and service to our customers.
- Manages overall relationship with domestic and international logistic providers
- Negotiates contracts and rates, addresses performance issues when SLAs are not met, and conducts quarterly business reviews to ensure logistics providers are closely aligned to Blue Nile business objectives
- Identifies and leads projects and initiatives that result in a better delivery experience for our customers
- Works with logistic and other service providers to leverage tools and technology that result in increased visibility and reporting into our service delivery in order to better serve our customers
- Develops, monitors, and manages overall logistics budget
- Reviews and continually improves various operational processes and activities in order to become more efficient and to reduce cost while improving performance
- Provides oversight for invoice approval process to ensure accurate billing by logistic providers
- Coordinates the logistic component of all internal transfers ensuring adherence to SLAs
- Develops and manages the operational component of a robust and customer friendly international returns process
- Coordinates with logistic and other service providers to ensure accurate delivery estimates are provided and delivery windows are adhered to
- Works with our trade compliance team to automate and streamline preparation of documentation needed to transfer product within the Blue Nile network
- Works with trade compliance and other groups to address custom delays that impact inbound/outbound shipments
- Evaluates all domestic and international inbound shipments to ensure that all purchase order shipping requirements are met and executed in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Works with merchandising team to manage the logistic component of RTVs
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Engineering or Supply Chain related majors.
- 10+ years’ experience in logistics/operations with 5+ years management experience with a strong understanding of Operations and Logistics functions
- Requires effective project management, communication and presentation skills, excellent inter-personal skills, and demonstrated ability to lead individuals through business change while achieving consensus/acceptance
- General knowledge and skill with import/export regulations, documentation, and international freight compliance such as customs regulations, documentation requirements and Harmonized Tariff Codes.
- Experience with Freight negotiations and managing a Third Party Logistics Provider
- Candidates must possess the proven ability to conduct business assessment and data analysis to identify issues and/or opportunities, and identify appropriate potential solutions
- Strong computer skills especially using ERP Systems, Planning Tools, Excel, Outlook and Transportation Software
- High level of initiative & follow-up, including a well-developed sense of autonomy
- Lean process, Kaizen, Six Sigma, process improvement experience desired
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage, paid by employer
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus