Sr. Manager, Solutions Consulting (East) at Outreach
About The Team…
- The Solutions Consulting team is an integral part of the Outreach Go-To-Market function. We focus on driving real business impact for prospects by being both technology and domain experts. SCs are expected to understand our prospect’s challenges and objectives - then guide them toward lasting solutions. We do this by partnering with other functions, internally (professional services, product, engineering, success, marketing) and externally (partners). The ownership is tangible on this team - our prospects' pain is our pain and their win is our win.
- Attract, hire, manage, coach, and develop employees to ensure teams are high-performing. Drive changes to ensure the team is structured effectively to provide proactive and reactive support to customers and prospects. Create a team environment that sustains a highly motivated group working to achieve common objectives. Participate in team-building and company-growth activities including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts, and customer care.
Sales activity and oversight
- Drive customer success, sales methodology and sales success in support of exceptional quarterly and annual sales achievement. Ensure successful delivery of POCs and guided technical validation efforts. Support Solutions Consultants and sales reps on all sales activities including needs analysis, data review, product demonstrations and other general sales support as a player/coach. Close business with accounts of all sizes, and develop relationships with key customer. Communicate effectively with sales, management, customers, and support staff. Travel to customer locations in territory to support sales efforts.
Industry and platform knowledge
- Keep abreast of sales trends to increase your credibility in the industry e.g. going to industry events, subscribing to blogs/podcasts, reading books, researching case studies. Learn about the experiences other customers have with Outreach, to apply these successes and learnings to conversations. Become a solution expert - platform features, value and use cases.
- Reflect on successes and failures, and make improvements to your ways of working as a result. Work cross-functionally to drive visibility and collaboration for process improvement
- Experience. You have 3+ years managing a high-performing PreSales Solution Consulting team (remote/field resources), including both transactional sales and strategic selling and 6+ years as a PreSales Solution Consultant with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Selling knowledge and expertise. You are knowledgeable in best practice sales processes, methodologies and technologies. You use this knowledge to manage high volume transactional business, enterprise selling, and solution selling.
- Communication and organization. You are methodical and able to multi‐task and prioritize well in a fast paced, dynamic work environment. You have strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral.
- Leadership. You’re a proven collaborator who can liaise with all levels and departments within an organization.
- Technical acumen. You have developed technical skills and/or the ability to acquire in‐depth knowledge and use of the Outreach platform.
- Talent attraction. You are constantly on the lookout for the best talent to bring onboard.