Strategy Director at Intentional Futures
Intentional Futures is an idea-to-impact consultancy. Our corporate and non-profit clients are change agents who believe the world can be better than it is. We work with these visionary leaders to solve hard problems that matter, acting as trusted guides and thought partners on their journeys to solutions. We are looking for a Strategy Director to help bring a new offering to market.
The integrated practices at iF combine the discipline of traditional business strategy with the creativity that fuels great design. With learning at the center, we use a multidisciplinary approach and deep collaboration to define complex problems, develop purposeful solutions, and communicate meaningful visions.
We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, and believe that having staff with diverse backgrounds allows us to better serve our clients, support one another, and fulfill our mission. As an equal opportunity employer, iF considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class. People of color, women, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Our Values --
- Imagination - We seek out new perspectives, creative approaches, and novel solutions.
- Rigor - We challenge ourselves to question, substantiate, and sweat every detail.
- Teamwork - We build trust by working openly and collaboratively with clients, partners, and each other.
We are looking for a Strategy Director to help us grow our business by driving the creation of a new offering that combines our Human-Centered Strategy (HCS) and Intentional Learning (IL) offerings. The Strategy Director will also support all aspects of our existing business from relationship management, project leadership, creative problem solving and project management on our Business and Technology Strategy team. A successful Strategist deeply understands the problems we seek to solve, communicates clearly, is able to collaborate fluidly with our tight-knit team of Strategists and Designers, and is comfortable interacting with people at all levels of our clients’ organizations. We welcome non-traditional paths into iF: our team is full of people with unique backgrounds and experiences.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and successfully bring to market a new HCS + IL offering
- Lead sales and business development activities, deliver sales pitches, create proposals and SOWs, and recommend strategies to grow iF’s HCS and IL businesses
- Provide thought leadership on business strategy, for both iF and its clients, and have a deep understanding of business frameworks, business models, and technology trends
- Manage projects and teams through the scoping, budgeting, research, and delivery of a project
- Create clear, concise, and convincing business strategies for our clients
- Create reports, presentations, and whitepapers for clients
- Prepare and present findings/reports to clients
- Lead and work on collaborative project teams that include strategists and visual/graphic/ UX designers
Qualifications and Skills
- Prior experience acting as a BD lead to source and/or close qualified leads.
- Prior experience as a project leader in client-facing roles, preferably in consulting services
- Ability to create clarity in complex, ambiguous situations
- Experience translating complex information into content that can be understood easily by multiple audiences
- 8+ years of prior work experience leading complex and open-ended projects with a variety of stakeholders or clients
- Strong command of the spoken and written word
- Fluency with financial models, financial statements, and marketing strategies
- Passion for product and business strategy, including new business models, competitive dynamics, and emerging technologies
iF offers a benefits package that includes domestic partner benefits, parental, and adoption leave. This position is on-site in Seattle. We do not offer a relocation package.
Will you join us? Apply today.