Strategy & Planning Director
Are you excited by the challenge of building and executing a security strategy for a global technology company? Enterprise Risk & Security (ERS) is responsible for ensuring Expedia Group (EG) is secure, including the data, applications, technologies, and accounts for our travelers, employees, suppliers, and partners. Join us on this adventure.
Our Security team is seeking a Chief of Staff to assist with strategy development, planning, communicating and execution of Expedia Group's Security strategy. In this role, you will utilize your experience and relationship skills to help us to lead strategic initiatives. You'll work with senior members of our Security leadership team and our business partners to secure the World's Travel Platform.
What you will do:
- You will establish and maintain our Rhythm of Business
- You'll act as an adviser to the Sr. Director of Security Operations & Engineering on transformational change
- You will coordinate the execution of strategic initiatives, strategic reviews and report business progress on a monthly and quarterly basis
- You'll assist communicating inside and outside of the Security organization to maintain alignment and focus on strategic initiatives
- You will work through and lead teams across ERS and the greater Expedia Group organization
- You will drive communications between leaders and make sure that all voices are heard at the table
- You will inspire a culture of active discussions ensuring challenges are addressed not ignored
- You will travel as required (
Who you are:
- 10+ years of experience running programs in a collaborative project setting environment with or without direct reporting relationships
- You possess incredible social skills and are able to quickly establish trust & credibility and drive accountability to achieve goals
- You have prior success with translating vision & strategy into executable plans and guiding them to completion
- You are effective at communicating information and ideas which speak to different audiences in various mediums
- You desire a transparent culture including delivery of direct feedback to various levels in the organization
- You see ambiguity as a chance to create clarity and drive action despite incomplete information
- You lead by example, have a strong bias for action, are data driven and business judgement led, and you relentlessly strive for better
- Experience in ecommerce or technology companies strongly preferred
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.