Supervisor, Tech Operations Support
Expedia IT's (eIT) Account Management Team is looking for a dynamic individual capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment to lead our Seattle Operations team. We are seeking a seasoned professional capable of leading a talented team of representatives; with a focus on customer service and ticket management.
As Supervisor, you will lead your workforce to maintain Service Levels that have been agreed. You will also be responsible for establishing departmental processes/procedures, policies, goals, and operational metrics for Identity and Access Management within eIT. You will support end users. The main purpose of this job is to provide excellent service and support to IT customers who consume a broad range of IT service offerings and mentor the team in doing the same. The Supervisor is responsible to help ensure the team adheres to established requests and blocking issue procedures. You will consistently hold individual and team meetings to keep your team updated, engaged and moving forward alongside the rest of eIT/eCP. Performance Management is a key piece of this role, following Expedia's internal performance management processes.
What you’ll do:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- You will communicate progress at a multi-functional leads level.
- You will represent the department as an active participant in various initiatives, projects and activities that directly impact eIT
- Become an advocate for change and influence positive behavior within your Peer group.
- Provide accurate estimates for resolving problems.
- You will establish consistent delivery of quality products.
- You will investigate issues within own service in detail.
- Provide general oversight and training for your staff on daily activities. Help ensure staff members adhere to procedures and makes recommendation for improvement. Mentor staff and provide input into performance evaluations.
- Work with the team to ensure important metrics are met and raised problems are quickly and properly addressed.
- Solve complex Access problems for customers on various software applications and systems.
- Record all information associated with requests, problems and/or requests in the ServiceNow ticketing system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop and maintain a high level of familiarity with eIT systems and services in order to accurately document incidents, provide support, and raise appropriately.
- Work closely with management, business and customers to establish procedures for handling systems and troubleshoot/resolve system issues.
- Ensure Account Management documentation is properly maintained.
- Require ability to work “off hours” to implement solutions in order to limit impact/exposure to customers.
- Continuous skills and knowledge enhancement in a dynamic technical environment is required.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement.
Who you are:
You’ll fit into this role if you have:
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ IT support or one (1) year IT management experience
- Strong customer service skills and people oriented.
- Creative thinker with excellent business, strategic, analytical, management and relationship management skills.
- Gather data and drill down to root cause analysis, ability to recommend effective courses of action, communicate resolution, policy and procedures to the various IT leadership.
- Maintain high standards, expectations, and delivery related to team performance with limited resources.
- Effectively lead and mentor Staff regarding response to requests, prioritization, and SLA management.
- Execute against budgets, implement schedules, lead team projects on schedule and within constraints.
- Excellent organizational, communication and technical skills.
- Thrive in a dynamic, evolving environment.
- ITIL foundations certification would be beneficial
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.