Support Manager at Skilljar
Skilljar is seeking a Manager to lead the product support team responsible for helping customers answer general product questions as well as mitigate and solve problems within the Skilljar platform. This key function is part of our rapidly growing Customer Success team, and will present the opportunity to collaborate closely with Customer Success, Product, and Engineering to ensure customer satisfaction.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will have exceptional customer service skills, solid technical experience, and proven experience successfully growing a distributed customer support team at an enterprise SaaS organization. You must be nimble, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.Responsibilities
- Manage and grow a team of Product Support Specialists.
- Establish customer support best practices and implement support processes to drive consistency across the team and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Manage the activities of the team through ongoing oversight of the support queue to ensure that tickets are followed up on, kept up to date, and properly closed to ensure adherence.
- Assist the team with issue resolution and act as a point of escalation when needed.
- Manage Skilljar’s Help Center to include ownership of new documentation creation and maintenance of existing help content.
- Identify recurring issues, perform root cause analysis, and provide suggestions to Engineering, Product, and Customer Education teams to drive decrease in support tickets.
- Define individual and team performance and operational metrics, establish a system for tracking, create cadence for review with Support team and management.
- Maintain regularly scheduled 1:1 meetings with each Support team member.
- Provide coaching and development feedback to team members.
- Screen, interview and hire Product Support Specialists.
- Ensure smooth onboarding process for new hires.
- 5+ years in a product support or customer success role in an enterprise SaaS environment.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proven experience establishing support tiers to drive long-term scaling of the support function and continued career progression for the team.
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and work calmly and professionally under pressure.
- Logical approach to troubleshooting, including good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with ticket/logging tools, e.g. Zendesk, Jira, Trello.
- Experience with writing and organizing customer-facing help documentation.
- Ability to thrive in a highly ambiguous environment. Startup experience is a major plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent years of relevant experience required.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Zillow, Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, and Colorado.