Support Team Manager
Domestic and International travel, great benefits, and a huge opportunity to lead a quickly growing and evolving team-- just a glance at what could be in your future as a Support Team Manager at Smartsheet!
Smartsheet is a cloud-based work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Over 90,000 customers and millions of collaborators trust us with some of their most critical business processes. With those numbers only growing, we need an innovative and driven Support Team Manager who is eager to hit the ground running and empower their team to make an impact at scale.
As a Support Team Manager, you will report to the Support Operations Manager from our Bellevue headquarters and manage up to 16 (contractor, FTE or a blend) Customer and Technical Support Specialists. Your critical responsibilities will include coaching your frontline team to act as product experts, reporting and acting on employee performance, and participating in improvement efforts across the team.
Our team currently consists of on-site groups in our Bellevue, Boston and Edinburgh offices with additional team members in the field. In this role, you'll have the unique opportunity to spend between 2 and 6 weeks traveling to work with colleagues in Bellevue and Edinburgh, Scotland!
At a glance, here's what we need you to do in Year 1:
- Become Smartsheet Product Certified and join your frontline team in handling customer cases over email, phone, and chat--frequently during your first month and as needed on an ongoing basis. Ramping quickly on our team's processes and tools will be critical to your success.
- Become fully educated on Support offerings including Pro Desk and Premium support. Reporting, reconciliation and forecast staffing needs for these programs will be necessary on a regularly defined cadence for key business decisions.
- Create performance plans, participate in a quarterly 9-Box review process, and develop career path strategies for top performers on your team. You need to be able to plan and hold biweekly 1:1 meetings for your team members that focus on the Support team's Key Performance Indicators.
- Hire top talent within hiring deadlines in collaboration with your recruiting team. Our team is growing quickly, and it's likely that you'll participate in hiring during your first six months. You will be driven to raise the talent bar with every hire.
- Identify and execute a workflow or process improvement project related to our team's overall objectives. We'll give you resources, like a Lean Sigma Yellow Belt certification, but we need you to bring high standards, great organizational skills, and a strong ability to prioritize urgent tasks.
Our team strives for continuous improvement; if we see something that can be fixed, we leave it better than we found it. In a manager role on the Smartsheet Support team, you'll be given the resources and responsibility to take on major improvement objectives from Day 1.
You should also know:
Having previous leadership or management experience is critical for success in this role, particularly if that experience is in customer or technical support management. Experience in Process Improvement disciplines such as Six Sigma or Agile Process Management would also be helpful. Some experience in finance or accounting is also preferred, especially in resource modeling and estimating utilization based revenue.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.