SVP & GM, Brand Expedia at Expedia Group
Senior Vice President & Brand Leader, Brand Expedia
Expedia Group’s eponymous brand Expedia is a leading full-service online travel brand with localized websites in over 40 countries covering 27 languages offering a wide selection of travel products and services. Through an award-winning mobile app and Expedia-branded websites, travelers have access to the latest technology to manage all aspects of their trips, including airline tickets, lodging, car rentals, cruises, insurance, airport transfers, tickets to attractions and tours, from hundreds of thousands of suppliers, on both a standalone and package basis. For more than 20 years Brand Expedia has been helping millions of travelers to see the world with confidence and ease.
This leader will focus on delivering a differentiated, world class travel brand that creates long-term customer value and loyalty. The SVP will work to develop unique brand proposition and drive brand differentiation combined with creating customer-centric marketing approach and best in class customer experience. This will ultimately drive top of the funnel activities and retention to attract and retain customers.
What you’ll do:
Direct Responsibilities for Brand Expedia
- Deliver a world-class travel brand
- Lead overall brand strategy
- Build, evolve and grow differentiated brand value prop (including understanding customer & industry trends, benchmarks, competitive landscape, and innovation)
- Drive product needs related to overall brand strategy/differentiation/customer target (recommendations to Retail Product & Tech and Platform & Marketplaces groups)
- Create consistent and aligned marketing strategy
- Embody the voice of brand customer target
- Create customer-centric marketing strategy through brand marketing channels and brand specific programs (CRM – Email, Push, Best Next Action)
- Mobile app marketing on owned channels (e.g., links from website)
- Brand specific programs
- Audience strategy
- Brand creative including creative strategy, brand creative advertising, media strategy, brand guidelines incl tone of voice, Social and PR
- Media buying strategy
- Merchandising, Coupon strategy, badging
- Recommendations to Retail Product & Tech on roadmap priorities to deliver brand priorities
- Execute on marketing investment/allocations
Who you are:
- Hold an undergraduate degree; preferred
- Extended successful aided and unaided brand awareness experience within consumer branded companies (new, rebranded or rebooted)
- Strong leadership and team management experience across different functions and locations
- Familiar with and lives and breathes customer satisfaction (NPS, CSAT)
- Successfully delivered brand marketing plan and execution for a branded business to enable growth
- Comfortable working within a matrixed environment (eCommerce, inventory, pricing, brand product & tech, etc.) to deliver and maintain effective interdependencies
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.