- Setup workstations and laptops according to guidelines.
- Provide phone support for internal customers.
- Perform preventative maintenance on workstations and laptops.
- Produce documentation and provide training for the end user relating to the technologies we use.
- Troubleshoot and resolve networking issues in conjunction with other staff and vendors as needed.
- Install, configure, and patch various operating systems (Windows 7/10, OSX) for laptops/desktops.
- Manage hardware and software asset lists.
Qualifications (absolute must haves walking in the door)
- Good communication and people skills
- Troubleshooting skills for windows/Mac based platforms, smart phones, and A/V equipment
- Willingness to learn, develop, and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment
- Self-starter that brings both interpersonal skills and creative problem solving skills
Preferred Qualifications (great to have but not absolutely necessary)
- VMware ESXi/Horizon experience
- Cisco VOIP - CUCM, Unity, CAD experience
- Jira and Confluence experience
- Office365 experience or exposure on the administrative side
- Knowledge of domain management applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of networking and hardware standards
- Solid understanding of security concepts, principles and practices, including fundamental knowledge of OSI model
- A+/Microsoft certification preferred (or working towards)
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.