Systems Administrator at Expedia Group
Are you passionate about improving the life of thousands of employees by providing amazing technology services? Do you love working to make technology better and strive to bring order to uncertainty and thrive when taking on complexity at scale?
As a member of the eIT team, you will work to build, maintain, monitor and optimize the IT Infrastructure Services we provide that are foundational to the running of Expedia Group.
We believe in building automated services and fault tolerant infrastructure that let users solve problems on their own using the best tools for the job. We are passionate and committed in our dedication to provide excellent services, establishing a robust, reliable suite of applications and services.
Our Team members take a long term view for solutions, with a solid focus on automation and scalability. You take the initiative, and take ownership to work issues to completion while remaining organised, consistent and calm under pressure. You enjoy working in a dynamic flexible environment with constant change and have the ability to express complex ideas to team members who have a variety of technical backgrounds.Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for server management and enterprise applications across the large corporate IT environment.
- Work on automating deployment and configuration of IT infrastructure using code-based configuration tools and automate related workflows.
- You will craft documentation of all systems and processes involved to inform and educate others.
- Good scripting knowledge (PowerShell plus others welcome)
- Experience with configuration mgmt and automation tools (Chef), automating processes, and server\infrastructure monitoring.
- Extensive troubleshooting skills in a complex multi-domain environment essential.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and related infrastructure.
- Strong communication skills; to convey ideas at all levels.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or equivalent certifications / work experience
- Microsoft certifications preferred.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.