Systems Engineer II
The eIT Content team delivers integrated software solutions allowing all of Expedia Group’s employees and partners to perform their roles every single day. We value our internal customer group and aim to bring the best solutions to everyday problems.
You will be a critical part of a strategic team tasked with bringing premier content collaboration experiences which improve the daily lives of our customers, Expedia Group employees. We are passionate and committed in our dedication to provide excellent tools; establishing a robust, reliable suite of applications and services.
What you’ll do:
- Administer, configure and provide issue resolution in Lab, staging and Production Environments
- Identify and take on complex application administration issues
- Identify potential solutions for all employee user personas, implementing large- and small-scale solutions aimed to increase employee productivity and ease of use
- Responsible for performance analysis, monitoring and application security
- Administer, configure, issue resolve, and support enterprise content management platforms
Who you are:
- Demonstrable experience with building, configuring and solutioning content management systems (Dropbox. SharePoint, OneDrive, Confluence, Google Drive, O365 & Google Suites)
- Expertise in large scale systems management and monitoring; Experience with change control systems,
- Use of monitoring and fixing utilities to effectively diagnose problems
- Strong PowerShell scripting abilities
- Significant, demonstrable Windows Server 2012 / 2008 / 2003 administration experience in a large corporate environment
- Mindset towards automation and scalability
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience in Agile, scrum, particularly user story creation, grooming, estimation and sprint planning
- Strong desire to build solutions quickly, take on problems quickly, identify and find inefficiencies – proposing solutions
- Demonstrable experience leading implementations and migrations whilst tracking project work
- Initiative to self-start and take ownership and responsibility to work issues to completion
- Ability to motivate and support others in performing at a higher level, taking appropriate risks, and accepting personal accountability for actions and decisions
- Ability to lead multiple and changing priorities while meeting deadlines
- Organized, consistent and calm
- Enjoys a dynamic flexible environment with constant change
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to transform technical knowledge into business language
- You are able to prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic environment
- You have strong customer service orientation
- You enjoy and have experience working in a team based, collaborative environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience with O365 and/or Google Suite of tools
- AWS experience a plus
- Azure administration and development experience a plus
- Significant Active Directory experience in a large corporate environment a plus
- SharePoint entity framework experience is a plus
- You appreciate the value of superb communication
- You are a self-learner, self-starter, with aptitude and appetite for continuous learning
- You are willing to provide operational support during nonstandard working hours when necessary
Why Join Us?:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.