Systems Engineer II
As a Systems Engineer II you will help lead Expedia’s evolution from traditional IT solutions to highly available and automated platforms. You will support the server OS as well as implementing and sustaining the various infrastructure applications that support the core foundation of IT. Infrastructure applications include file servers, server management (SCCM, Chef, etc.), monitoring, remote office infrastructure, automation and internally developed applications.
In this role, you will focus on the automation and procedures needed to move infrastructure to AWS, Azure, and similar cloud providers. You will be expected to collaborate with colleagues all over the world and you will incorporate end user feedback into your designs. In Expedia IT we are passionate about making cool and useful tools available for everyone. Your focus will be transforming legacy tools and processes into scalable cloud-based services. We are looking for someone who shares our passion and who we can depend on to have our customer’s best interests at heart. Do you have a passion for reducing complexity through automation? Do you love Infrastructure as Code? Do you dream about making people's lives easier? Then we want you for this role.
What you'll do:
- Day to day administration of the Windows Server family of operating systems & industry standard Infrastructure applications within all facets of the Expedia corporate environment.
- Develop extensive documentation of all systems and processes involved in maintaining the corporate environment.
- Craft, streamline, and improve our internal tools with the goal of automation and self-service.
- Look for opportunities to migrate on-premises services to AWS, Azure, or other cloud providers.
Who you are:
- Phenomenal interpersonal and communication skills; ability to effectively explain, describe, or convey ideas in individual or group situations.
- 2+ years of experience with infrastructure and configuration management tools like Chef, Microsoft Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Terraform
- Experience in Windows Server 2016 infrastructure
- 2+ years of experience scripting in PowerShell or Python, preferably both
- Familiarity with automation tools such as Microsoft Orchestrator and Lambda
- 7+ years of experience managing a windows server infrastructure
- Experience managing IT systems in a highly available, 24/7 environement
- 2+ years of experience crafting automated and scalable environments in AWS or Azure
- Knowledge of VMware
- Experience with C#, Java, or similar languages.
- Direct experience migrating Windows file servers to AWS or Azure
- Experience with Talon FAST or similar distributed storage systems
- History of success working with globally distributed teams
- Experience building automated archiving and retrieval in Amazon Glacier
- 2 years of college or equivalent post-high-school education
- Bachelor's degree in IT or Computer Science related field preferred
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer or similar
- AWS Solutions Architect or SysOps Administrator
- Certified Chef Developer
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.