Systems Engineer at DomainTools
DomainTools is looking for a System Engineer to join our Technical Operations team.
As a member of the team, you will work with other Systems Engineers to support our production operations, corporate IT Infrastructure and services. You will be supporting the provisioning, maintenance, and improvement of systems and services leveraged across the company. We are passionate about open source and big data technologies to support our SaaS offerings and operations of our growing business.
The TechOps team supports the operation of our product infrastructure including on-premise and cloud systems as well as IT operations. We are focusing on automation, scaling, and improving visibility into our infrastructure and processes.
- Build, configure, and maintain Linux based systems in mixed Colocation and Public Cloud
- Troubleshoot complex systems based on open source technologies
- Analyze legacy systems functionality and develop/design replacements and upgrades.
- Build and maintain operational documentation for new and existing systems
- Deploy, manage, and monitor database systems including replication, and high availability configurations
- Improve and refine logging, monitoring and metrics gathered on our systems
- Research, recommend and implement tools to help drive our mission of scalability, self-service, and reliability
- Participate in on-call rotation with fellow team members
- Strong focus on supporting the product development team
- Support for office IT needs as workload demands (occasional)
- 5-7 years experience in Linux systems engineering roles
- Passion for automation
- Experience with configuration management tools, preferably Ansible
- Building and supporting virtualization technologies
- Installing and operating open-source data platforms (MySQL, MongoDB, Hadoop, Cassandra, Elastic Search)
- Demonstrated expertise in building and managing relational databases at scale
- Understanding of server hardware and hardware troubleshooting
- Familiarity with both a Colocation Datacenter environment as well as Public cloud
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Compute: AWS EC2, Nutanix, KVM, CentOS,
- Big Data: Hortonworks, Elastic Search, Cassandra, Kafka
- Databases: MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL
- DevOps: Ansible, Terraform, GitLab, Hashicorp Vault/Consul
- Containers and orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes
- Monitoring/metrics: Icinga/Nagios, Graphite, Grafana, AWS cloudwatch
- Logging: ELK, Splunk
- SaaS production support experience preferred
DomainTools is the leader in domain name, DNS and Internet OSINT-based cyber threat intelligence and cybercrime forensics products and data. With over 15 years of domain name, DNS and related ‘cyber fingerprint’ data across the Internet, DomainTools helps companies assess security threat risks, profile attackers, investigate online fraud and crimes, and map cyber activity in order to stop attacks. Our customers include many Fortune 500 companies, including leaders in Internet technology, banking, consumer products, manufacturing and government.
We are Headquartered in Seattle! We provide great benefits such as fully paid premiums on medical plans for employees, pet insurance, flexible PTO, and flexible scheduling to name a few.
DomainTools embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion to its fullest as an equal opportunity employer. We build our teams so creativity and innovation can flourish. We believe inclusivity and equity fosters innovation and growth; and we harness this mindset to drive a culture that serves our employees and our customers. We encourage people of all backgrounds, ages, perspectives, and skill sets to apply; and do not discriminate based on age, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.